• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush causes exposure flashing!?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Full disclosure,

I hate Adobe's CC model and their inflexible plans which includes Apps, some of which are totally usless along with 'bonus' cloud storage which no one I know bothers to use...

Moving on,

When I'm working on an image of a face and I apply the adjustment brush over an ear to increase the exposure, I then move the exposure slider to adjust the level but instead suddenly all the remaining area (outside of the selected brush area) flashes with an exposure adjustment - I slide it left and the whole image goes darker, I move the slider to the right and the whole image goes brighter - it's as if there's a reverse polarisation of adjustment(s) occuring...

Has anyone else encountered this or any help to solve this anomaly would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'flashes', does that mean it's a temporary effect? If so, it could be the Graphic processor. In the Preferences - General you can switch it off to see if that solves it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried your suggestion and it worked!!?

Thank you!

Do I leave the Graphics processor off permanently? Do you know it has this effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can leave it off. Using the graphics processor will make Lightroom a bit faster (if everything works as it should), but there are no negative effects if you turn off this option because there is a compatibility problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines