• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get photos from lightroom CC (classic I think) onto ipad (or anywhere)

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing I have lightroom classic on my mac. Its basically what lightroom has been for the last 5 years, not the cut down mobile one.

Anyway, there used to be an option to "publish" your collections such that they appears on lightroom on your ios device.  This option seems to have disappeared (or at least I cant find it.

Is this feature still available, and, if so, where do I got to publish a collection for me to view on another device, either through web, or through lightroom app?  The only option which I can find is "export" which only exports to local files.  Obviously, I could then email these files to my iphone, but I dont have email setup on ipad so not sure how to get it onto this. One way might be to go through a photo web hosting service such as smugmug, but this is a lot more steps and a significant expense. I dont use facebook.

I could have saved the files to disk, then uploaded them to my onedrive, then downloaded them form onedrive, but recently onedrive on the mac died, and it will no longer upload any files (its stuck).  Nothing is easy!

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Read- How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

In summary, the steps are-

1. Place photos in Collections in the Lightroom-Classic library.

2. Mark the Collections to Sync

3. Turn on the option to Sync with Lr-mobile

4. View and/or edit these 'synced' photos from your iPad or iPhone with Lr-mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read- How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

In summary, the steps are-

1. Place photos in Collections in the Lightroom-Classic library.

2. Mark the Collections to Sync

3. Turn on the option to Sync with Lr-mobile

4. View and/or edit these 'synced' photos from your iPad or iPhone with Lr-mobile.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It seems that if you are not signed in, there is no sync button or any sync feature visible. If there was, I would have found it, hit sync, and then it would have asked me to login. that would be better.

Anyway, I followed your link to find out how to sign in from within lightroom (its so well hiden, I would never have found it, its not in any of the menu items).

when I said login to sync, it popped up to enter my user and password, which I did, then I got the google recacha asking me to mark all traffic lights. Then cars, then cars again, then traffic lights again. I have gone though it 30 times now, and still it keeps asking me.  I closed the login dialog. Now "sync with lightroom CC" is greyed out, with no option to sync or login. The collections still have no sync option, and there is no sync in any menu item.  I wish I could turn off all this 2FA and google recapcha, as its blocking me from entering my own account. The only thing in the account is my subscription, so if someone were to break in, there is nothing to steal. Why its so hard is beyond me.

I guess the system is currently broken, as it does not seem possible to get past the authenticator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of what you describe makes any sense. Adobe does not use any google recaptcha or crazy stuff like that. In fact it does not use any google services at all. You are undoubtedly on a completely different website To turn on CC syncing in Lightroom Classic, make sure you are logged in to CC in the creative cloud app that should be installed on your computer. Make sure you sue your Adobe account there not some other account. It is usually in the menu bar (mac) or task bar (windows) as a small little cloud drawn with to loops. Then when you are logged in there, make sure to install all updates to Lightroom Classic. Now go to Lightroom Classic and click on the logo in the upper left of the screen. You should see a pause/play button to sync with CC. Click on this and you should be in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the instructions given above, you click on "gettings started with lightroom classic CC" in the top left.  Surprisingly, this is a menu. Under this menu is "Sync with lightroom CC - sign in".

This brings up a dialog "Creative Cloud Photography" then it says "Adobe ID" then "sign in". When you enter your email and password, it

then it brings up the google image recapcha inside the "creative cloud photography window".   This just keeps repeating over and over, even if you select all the "cars" and "traffic lights".  Crazy stuff.  Signing into adobe is so painful and difficult, and you have to do it almost every time you want to use the service.  Then after all this, it still wants to send a code to your mobile.  Completely over the top for a SW subscription with nothing to steal.

Anyway, I have gone through this crazy process, and now get the menu option appear "Sync with lightroom CC" next to my collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very strange. I have never seen Adobe use that. It is extremely aggravating to get that captcha stuff as is doesn't work correctly anywhere. Did you log on to the CC app first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines