Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Uses All Memory and beyond that

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When starting Lightroom Classic CC (Release 7.5) it start syncing images with around 2450 images to go and - after a period - my Mac warns me that I have insufficient memory, Lightroom Classic CC stalls and I have to force shut down. Checking the activity monitor something strange is happening: By continuing synchronizing images, the memory usage is around 4 GB, but then it slowly starts creeping upwards until it reaches the max 16 GB that I have and continued going beyond that and according to activity monitor reaching 64GB. And it is all caused  by Lightroom (I run no other programs at the same time).

I Use:

Model Name: iMac,   Model Identifier: iMac16,2,   Processor Name: Intel Core i5,   Processor Speed: 3,1 GHz,   Number of Processors: 1,   Total Number of Cores: 4,   L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB,   L3 Cache: 4 MB,   Memory: 16 GB

MacOS: Mojave Version: 10.14

Graphics Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536MB

Waiting for your help.

Best Regards

Aristotelis

Model Name: iMac

Model Ide

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aristotelis,

Sorry that Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 is using an unexpectedly high memory while syncing images.

Does the app's memory usage decreases if you pause the sync from "identity plate"?

Also, this similar discussion might help in troubleshooting the issue: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/long-running-memory-usage-issue.34146/

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

To be honest i haven't try to pause sync. I may try this. However i had support session yesterday with Adobe engineer and told that i have to leave it on in order for the sync to finish. 

Also i am wandering why sync start suddenly to sync all my photos since my photos was already fully updated.

I was wondering if there is any incompatibility between the new macOS Mohjave with the lightroom?

Thanks for your help.

Aristotelis

Sent from iCloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may pause the sync to check if the memory usage actually goes back to normal or not.

Then, start the sync as suggested by our support engineer to let Lightroom sync all the data. We then might be able to tell if sync is actually causing any potential issues like high memory usage.

This article list the known issue for Lightroom running on Mac OS Mojave: Known issues - Running Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I have pause the sync but Lightroom continues to use high memory until all memory resources consumed and Lightroom becomes unresponsive and the computer extremely slow.

I need your help since I can not use actually the Lightroom any more.

Please note that yesterday I have updated the product to the latest version released yesterday but unfortunately no improvement.

Αριστοτέλης

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone μου

15 Οκτ 2018, 3:06 μμ, ο χρήστης «Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>» έγραψε:

Lightroom Uses All Memory and beyond that

created by Akash Sharma in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

You may pause the sync to check if the memory usage actually goes back to normal or not.

Then, start the sync as suggested by our support engineer to let Lightroom sync all the data. We then might be able to tell if sync is actually causing any potential issues like high memory usage.

This article list the known issue for Lightroom running on Mac OS Mojave: Known issues - Running Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

~Akash

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10678313#10678313 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10678313#10678313

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I’ve been having the same issue with lightroom classic 7.5 (version before 8) and now version 8. When syncing photos, it runs for a period until the program becomes unresponsive. I’ve tried leaving it overnight, pausing and restarting the sync. Previously when sync has been stuck on a handful of photos I’ve deleted the sync.lrdata, but this hasn’t helped this time.

It slowly consumes all the available memory until program becomes not responding and locks - force quit the only solution. It evens commits double the available memory in the PC. This has been happening for the past few months. I can’t sync any changes i’ve made on the mobile device as it’s stuck in the loop.

Please help

cheers

james

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines