• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with MacBook Retina display after launching Lightroom 5

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have narrowed the issue down to using Adobe Lightroom 5. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with retina display and after launching adobe Lightroom It messes up the whole display of my computer everything looks inverted, Colors are off etc.) I have yet to find a solution. I can restart my computer and not even have Lightroom running and I still have the same problem. This started months ago and after it finally went away I opened up Lightroom again and it started all over.  Also added a screenshot.Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 2.54.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version of Mac OS you're running? (Apple menu > About This Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated it but was having same issue with older version as well.Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 3.10.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See how it's lit up? I just don't understand it and adobe isn't even running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I see abnormal in your screenshots is that the Mac menu bar is inverted, white lettering on black background.  The colors  of the dock icons, the About window, and the little bit of the desktop background photo showing all look normal.  What colors appear off to you?

I think the white-on-black menu bar is caused by the System Preferences setting General > Use Dark Menu Bar And Dock.  Is that option checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 3.15.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot I looked at this on my phone and it appears the screenshots are coming out normal on my phone. Here is a picture I just took form my phone so you can actually see what I see. If you look at the top bar where Lightroom is open lightroom options appear bold but the system options appear still there when they actually aren't. And the other photo is how I am seeing things currently very bright and distorted. iphone adobe 1.jpg iphone adobe 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps you have a display profile that's corrupted.  See this article for how to test that quickly: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines