• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checking Catalog Integrity hangs shutdown

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR Classic CC. Every time I try to shut down and save the catalog with "Check Catalog Integrity" checked, the program completely hangs. Progress bar goes nowhere.

I just spent the day creating an entirely new catalog and importing the entire contents of the old catalog and the program still does the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas? This has been going on for a long time and I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried optimising your catalogue before you shut down and check integrity?

File > Optimize Catalog

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I’ve also done that. It did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the LR Preference setting shown below, close all applications, and restart your system.

Restart LR and at the below prompt window check 'Test Integrity of this catalog' and click on 'Open.' This will run the Integrity check routine with the catalog unopened in LR. That might make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That method did work. Trying to do the backup when closing still hangs, though. Do you know of any way to make it work again or do I have to continue to do the check on opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been in a no Internet area for the past 10 days. Give the LR 8.0 Update a try and see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no love. 8.0 didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickh93203416,

Could you share your catalog (.lrcat file) to keniya@adobe.com? We would need the file to investigate the issue and provide the solution.

Thanks,
Smit
Lightroom Classic CC Team

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for taking so long to respond. The .lrcat file is over 4GB so it will not send over email. Also, attempting to send the file using the "Share" function on my Mac caused performance problems with the catalog that necessitated several computer restarts to correct.

Is there a safe way to share the catalog that will not adversely effect the catalog performance and post it somewhere were you can access and evaluate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using google to search this issue, one item that comes up, is the location you are backing up to having issues.

stumled onto this: checking catalog integrity hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines