• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My project file is missing all of a sudden

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this new project for a little under a week now. The last time I worked on it was 2 days ago, and everything was fine, I saved it properly and everything. I started up the program today and under "open recent files" my project is no longer there. I've been using this project with my external hard drive, because of some storage issues with my laptop. So I searched my external hard drive manually and my computer's hard drive and the file is no where to be found. It's not even in my trash folder. The folder it's under on my external hard drive says that the folder was last used 2 days ago, so something just isn't right.

The Creative Cloud Files folder on my laptop is also empty, so I don't even see any previously saved versions of my project either. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your media stored?

What about auto save, back up copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this particular project it's been stored on my external hard drive. There were no auto saves at all (I checked for those too) and before this my creative cloud settings weren't set to back up my project files (now I most definitely have that feature turned on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have the correct external drive connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly yes, I only have one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CiarraC,

Have you checked for an Auto Save version of your project in your Creative Cloud folder. You can sometimes find one there. Let us know if that helps you get back on track.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines