• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Canon 5d MIV/Lightroom--tethered shooting ONLY saved to laptop, no images on CF card

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New camera, new Mac OS, most recent version of Lightroom...

First tethered shoot a few days ago. Went to upload images from CF card tonight and there are ZERO files on it. Thank GAWD they're on my laptop and I'm ok, but why the heck aren't they on the card? Is there some new setting on my camera and/or Lightroom that says to only save to the laptop when tethered? Ugh.

Also, kept repeatedly disconnecting from Lightroom, so I think it's time to make the jump to Capture One. Always such a mess with Lightroom.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not use this feature, but as far as I am aware Lightroom uses the SDK supplied by your Camera Manufacturer to configure the tether procedure, so you need to check with Canon why this is how it functions. See the link below.

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines