• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with variable frame rate iPhone footage in Premiere 12.1

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've had problems editing my iPhone 7 footage in Premiere 12.1 - which should have fixed the issues with variable frame rate. It does recognise it as VFR in the clip properties, and most of the clips play fine - but a couple (which are using the exact same settings as the rest of the footage, shot just before clips that play fine) will stutter, or the audio will just cut out after a few seconds (it plays ok in Quicktime etc). You can even see the waveforms in the sequence, but it plays silently. I've tried re-importing the clips, and deleting the Media Cache Files, which didn't help. If I convert those problematic clips to ProRes 24fps, they then work fine. Can anyone give any advice about why this might be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought! Perhaps the latest version of Premiere will fix it. Will convert otherwise. It's about 10% of the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable frame rate does not always work as advertised.

If you have issues converting is the only solution at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice, that's what I thought! Perhaps the latest version of Premiere will fix it. Will convert otherwise. It's about 10% of the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines