• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Pics

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a catalogue in LR wchich loads fine.  When I try to do anything it says photo is not available.  I can see the Photo in LR.  How can I use the Photo that i Can see to be THE photo.  It obviously exhists as I am looking at it but nowhere can I find it on my mac or External HDD.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

If you can't edit the image you've selected in the grid view it is because it has been moved from it's original location when it was imported. Try right-clicking on it and select Show in Finder. If you can upload a screen shot of what you are seeing it will help to diagnose what the problem is.

As mentioned in previous responses a clicking on a question mark or exclamation point will bring up a message from Lightroom indicating the location that it was imported into.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peterc,

As the images are missing from Lightroom, you can easily link the images in Lightroom to the original images out of Lightroom, please check this article to know more: How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peterc54756098  wrote

I have a catalogue in LR wchich loads fine.  When I try to do anything it says photo is not available.  I can see the Photo in LR.  How can I use the Photo that i Can see to be THE photo.  It obviously exhists as I am looking at it but nowhere can I find it on my mac or External HDD.  Thanks

You need to find the photo on one of your hard disks. It might also be possible that you accidentally imported the photos into LR using ADD which leaves the photos on the camera card. (I think this shouldn't happen, but people report a bug where it does happen). Once you locate the actual photo, then you can fix it via the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, But the very poblem I am trying to fix it that they cannot be found other than in the LR cataloge.  I really want to know how to use the Image that I can actually see in LR to copy it back into my photos library, rathwer than spend hours searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peterc54756098  wrote

Thanks, But the very poblem I am trying to fix it that they cannot be found other than in the LR cataloge.  I really want to know how to use the Image that I can actually see in LR to copy it back into my photos library, rathwer than spend hours searching.

What you see in LR is a Preview of the image, Not the actual image. There are no images IN LR. LR is a Database program that References images into the database from where they are stored on a drive somehow connected to your computer.

Does the image have a exclamation mark on it in the upper right hand corner and or the folder it is supposed to be in have a question mark on it in the Folders section of the left hand column in the Library module? If either of the above the folder and or images are missing from the folder LR thinks they should be in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't edit the image you've selected in the grid view it is because it has been moved from it's original location when it was imported. Try right-clicking on it and select Show in Finder. If you can upload a screen shot of what you are seeing it will help to diagnose what the problem is.

As mentioned in previous responses a clicking on a question mark or exclamation point will bring up a message from Lightroom indicating the location that it was imported into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

peterc54756098  wrote

... rathwer than spend hours searching.

Your operating system can search for the photos, if they exist on one of your hard disks, and this doesn't take hours. It might take 5 minutes. And you'd have to also search your camera cards to see if the photos are still on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines