• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constant crashing and freezing of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Siince having a new laptop [Asus GL 553VD windows 10 64 bit operating system, Driver version 416.16]  ] I have had increasing problems with both Photoshop and Lightroom.  My Adobe is version 5 and I have a Nvidia GTX1050 graphics system.

I never know when either will crash out and sometimes I am in the middle of working on an image and everything disappears.  I have sent in crash reports but have had no response.  The last one yesterday comes up everytime I open Photoshop and when I try to close it the whole thing disappears.

I am really fed up and very frustrated trying different things to solve the problem.  Can anyone throw some light on the subject.

I tried disabling the graphics card on the preferences screen but it made no difference

I have just updated both Photoshop and Lightroom so I have the latest versions

Thanks

Angela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete (reset) preferences, sometimes helps:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines