• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to best batch process an action that simply hides a watermarking layer in existing PSD files?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a smart collection (specific keyword and rank > 1 star) of several hundred files (within a collection of 150k files) that reside in different direcotries that I'd like to run an action/droplet that simply hides an existing layer in the original PSD/TIFF files that contains a watermark.

I tried export to same directory with running an action as post processing with overwrite ON but it would not overwrite the original files.

Is there a simple way to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the droplet up as an external editor?

How did the post processing method not work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I wasn't aware I could set up the droplet as an external editor- thanks for the suggestion, let me research that.

It didn't work as it would not overwrite the original file.  I assume it's because Lightroom was trying to protect the original not realizing the action was not destructive...

Exporting to another folder is not an option as I'm editing hundreds of files that are in several hundred different folders...  I want to maintain the original folder structure.  I'm just trying to remove watermarks layers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using a PS droplet as an external editor works fine in 8.0 for editing one photo a time. But when I try to do a large batch of photos, PS appears to get confused, sometimes showing an error and sometimes just failing to save the edited file.

So for batch changes with droplets, I use Export with the droplet as a post-processing action.  The export saves as a new file in the same folder as the original, stacked below the original.  When it's done, do Photo > Stacking > Collapse All Stacks, mark all the tops of the stacks as rejected, then delete the rejected photos, leaving the edited versions behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just export to another folder, then make the original folder go missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines