• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video gets corrupted after cutting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needed to cut an unnecessary portion of the video. So, after I cut it I replayed it to make sure it was at the right point. I noticed that right after the point I cut the video it starts glitching and and gets the audio out of sync. For example, Lets say I cut the video at 8 seconds when I play from that point the video starts skipping(like when a CD plays the same part of the song over and over again) say it gets to 10 seconds. The Audio hasn't skipped a beat it is right were it should be but the video is now delayed. Please let me know if anything needs clarifying. This is really difficult to try and explain! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device created that media? This sounds like it's possibly VFR, variable framerate, rather than CFR,  constant.

If VFR, going to the clips in the bin and right click "modify/interpret" options then setting the interpret media as option set to the frame rate used in camera may help.

This may not fix a clip already on a timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and it is set to use the same as the source material. the only option that I could see for frame rate was either assume 1 FPS or use the source material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the assume to the framerate you had set on the device.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far that has fixed the issue but now the audio sounds like the chipmunks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

melissam,

Kindly check Audio Hardware settings to see if you have the right devices selected.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got looking into it more and it still does it sometimes. I it is to high of a frame rate for what it should be it is moving to fast. I also double checked the FPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What framerate was your device set for?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

60 FPS. The file on the computer is 59.94. With "use frame rate from file" selected it says 29.97

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file progressive or interlaced?

Download/Install 'MediaInfo', a very good free app heavily used 'around here' to check what's inside media files. After getting that applet's icon on the desktop, drag/drop this media file onto that icon ... when MediaInfo then opens, select the "Tree View" viewing mode in MediaInfo, then look at the Video section. Actually, do a screen-grab of it and drag/drop that png file onto your reply box.

In a lot of cases, "60fps" is just a shorthand mode for saying "29.97 interlaced" ... as there aren't 60 frames per second, but 60 ​fields​ per second ... each field being 1/2 of the data of the frame as horizontal lines across the image. So changing that media or reading/interpreting it at 29.97 ​progressive​ actually is a correct reading of the file.

So ... you can also try modify/assume frame-rate at both 60fps and 29.97. See what happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines