• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 7.5 slow previews Mojave help

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry to tell LR is operating slow after installing Mojave using Mac Pro 2010, Radeon HD7950, Eizo CX 240 monitor, espesially previews fullscreen mode in library with very slow toggling between images. But on the second monitor, one simple LCD monitor, everything is instant

Any suggestions? Eizo connection are Displayport, the second monitor are DVI

I suggesting monitor profile, have tried different monitor profile with no luck

Disable graphic prosessor etc

On previous High Sierra, no LR/Eizo issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Its fixed now. Upgraded to Mojave 10.14.1 and everything is fine!! Thumbs up!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Finn S Felberg,

We're sorry to hear about the previews being slow, could you please try the steps mentioned on this article and let us know if it helps?

Optimize Lightroom performance

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

I have exactly the same issue with Lightroom CC 7.5 after updating to MacOS Mojave but with a iMac Pro so hardware performance is really a no brainer. I am using the integrated 5k display without a second display.

Fullscreen Preview is much slower than before the update to Mojave especially switching between images in Fullscreen Preview is terribly slow.

Regards,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repost from another thread, but hope this helps some others, LR 7.5 and Mojave works fine on my MacBook Pro i9, but friend's 6 core Xeon Mac Pro was unusable with a 15 second beach ball on every click in the Library.

He's using a 4k display, so we turned on "Open in Low Resolution" in the App info and it went back to 'normal' (usable but not fast).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue though it's not limited to just previews.  Issue is Lightroom Classic CC is slow on my MacPro and there is a lag almost with everything I do. 

After upgrading to MacOS Mojave 14.0 and also the latest Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 (Build 1193777, Camera Raw 11.0), Lightroom is very slow on my MacPro 2015 computer. 

MacintoshHD drive has 600GB of free disk space, restarted the computer and only running lightroom with most of the 32GB of ram free, tried disabling graphics processor within preferences also. 

When I start Lightroom I notice my folder free is grey and there is scan going on every time that slows down the startup, then after that startup process is done, moving from one photo to another or doing simple menu selections or edits has a lag of a few seconds with the occasional spinning beach ball appearing. 

As a last resort, I reformatted my MacintoshHD drive, reinstalled Mojave and then install all of my apps from scratch and Lightroom is still slow, it make no difference whatsoever to the poor performance. 

Prior to the Mojave upgrade, Lightroom was fast so the issue is with some sort of incompatibility with Lightroom Classic CC on Mojave.   My other apps are running fast on Mojave. 

According to a system report, LIghtroom Classic CC is considered a legacy software app running in 32 bit mode.  Mojave is the last MacOS to support 32 bit mode so Adobe needs to migrate Lightroom Classic CC to 64 bit.  I don't know if doing so would fix the lag/slow issue so Adobe would need to look into that. 

I went through the thread suggested above 'Optimize LIghtroom Performance' and none of these issues resolve the situation for me.

----

My System info:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-CA

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.14.0 [18A391]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 16

Processor speed: 3.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 4,204.9 MB (12.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 7,712.7 MB

Memory cache size: 237.7MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 61

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 734MB / 16383MB (4%)

Camera Raw real memory: 740MB / 32768MB (2%)

Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D700

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Library Path: /Users/andrefortier/Pictures/LIghtroom Classic CC Catalog/Lightroom Classic CC Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: /Users/andrefortier/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in

3) Canon Tether Plugin

4) DxO OpticsPro 11

5) DxO OpticsPro 11 Importer

6) DxO PhotoLab

7) DxO PhotoLab Importer

8) Export to Photomatix Pro

9) Facebook

10) Flickr

11) jf Google Drive

12) jf Twitter

13) Lightroom to Exposure

14) LR/Instagram

15) Luminar

16) Luminar 2018

17) Nikon Tether Plugin

18) ON1 Photo RAW 2018

19) ON1 Resize 2018

Config.lua flags: None

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512

AudioDeviceName: Beoplay H9i

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000

Build: 12.1x4

CoreImage: true

GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 0

GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8

GL_BLUE_BITS: 8

GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24

GL_GREEN_BITS: 8

GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8

GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384

GL_RED_BITS: 8

GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D700 OpenGL Engine

GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20

GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8

GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.

GL_VERSION: 2.1 ATI-2.0.36

OGLEnabled: true

GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_blend_weighted_minmax GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues with very slow clicks and spinning beachball. I am using the latest LR classic and a fast mac Pro desktop system. After installing Mojave all clicks slowed down. Not using my second monitor returned function to normal. The slow down seems to be related to using my Eizo second monitor. I have tried all the suggestions for "optimizing LR on a Mac. LR and Mojave don't get along when it comes to using a second monitor. I did not have this issue before Mojave. Thoughts. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use two monitors on my MacPro - LG Ultrafine 5K (27MD5KA-B).  I unplugged one of them to see if that would make any difference to the speed and it did not, it was the same slow to startup Lightroom, then slow response / freeze with anything I do within Lightroom such as scrolling through thunbnails, edits,... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the below version details as well?

Navigate to /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.app

Ctrl + Click (Context click) on the app, and select Show Package Contents

Navigate to Contents/Helpers/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver.app

-- What is the version of the file shown in the Finder Info?

Navigate to Contents/Helpers/DynamicLinkSupport/support/common/dynamiclink/dynamiclinkmanager.app

-- What is the version of the file shown in the Finder Info?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both are version 12.1.4 here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are 12.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke with an Adobe tech support agent and adding admin permissions to Adobe folders seems to have fixed my slow speed issue.  If you have slow speed issues, you may want to try the following:

Add administrator permissions to the following folders or files (CMD-I on folders or files)

1) Go> Go to Folder:  /Library

• Logs/Adobe
  • Caches/com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7
  • preferences/com.adobe.lightroomClassicCC7.plist
  • Application supports/Adobe/Lightroom CC

2) Go> Go to Folder: /users

• Users/Shared/Adobe

3) Purge cache (launch Lightroom and go into Preferences)

Lightroom> Preferences>Performance

• Camera Raw Cache Settings:  Purge Cache (click that button)
  • View Cache Settings:  Purge Cache (click that button)

4) Optimize Catalogue (within Lightroom)

File> Optimize Catalog

Seems to be working fine for me now. Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried adding the admin privileges, read and write. Sorry It did not help. Still need a solution to this vexing problem. LR is almost unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to turning off second monitor view and scrolling thru Grid view, Loupe view, Develop view all returned to normal. I am convinced the beach ball has something to do with second monitor support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe tech support did the permissions changes and I recalled that he added both 'admin' as well as my login ID to each of the respective folders/files that I listed above.  Within the Cmd-I section at the bottom is also a gear icon with a drop-down and he selected the option to apply to enclosed items after he added the admin and my own login ID.  Sorry I missed that in my comment above with permissions changes.

I also have two monitors like I mentioned and for my own situation, removing the second monitor completely from my MacPro had not resolved the situation.  Perhaps there are different situations that cause the slowdown.

Like you, my Lightroom was completely unusable since I upgraded to Mac Mojave.   With the permissions changes it is finally operating the same as before I upgraded to Mojave.  If you haven't done the additional steps that I listed above this comment with adding both admin and your own ID within the Sharing & Permissions section and also applying to enclosed items then perhaps give that a try and see if it resolves the situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For each of the names listed within the Sharing & Permissions, including the added 'admin' + 'my own login ID',  he changed privilege to 'Read & Write'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions but with second monitor activated still very slow. Second monitor off, very snappy. Have to think there is a bug in second monitor support. Second monitor snappy with all my other applications. So problem is only with LR classic. Hope for a bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried below. Did not change slow behavior with second monitor active. All OK without second monitor. Hoping for a bug fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the resolution of the second monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try calling Adobe support directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried that, and did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry It didnt help with all the permission stuff. Eizo are slow in F mode in Library with 2-3 seconds showing an simple preview. On second monitor its instant. If I remove second monitor, Eizo still slow in F mode.

Lets hope the new Color Navigator 7 fix the problem (release 2 november)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-10-23 19.45.44.png

i got also funny colors here and there (Eizo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the files in question are 12.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines