• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lrcc is not displaying my folders after I copied files to a new EHD

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied my image files from a 1TB EHD (which I'd been using previously with lr5 and lrcc) to a large 2TB EHD. Now lrcc is now showing the 2TB EHD but not the folders on the new 2TB EHD.

My questions are:

What did I do wrong? And, how do I fix/correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? Does the new EHD have the same name or drive letter as the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Mac. The 2TB EHD is named differently to the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest method to solve this is to rename the 2TB EHD so it has the same name as the 1TB EHD had. Don't keep the old 1 TB EHD connected, or give it a different name. Then start Lightroom.

If you don't want to do that then you have to 'reconnect' the image folders. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for this info. I've made the 2TB EHD name the same. Now I can see the folders displayed in lr5 but not in lrcc. Any reason why this is and what I can fix/correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, is this Lightroom CC, or Lightroom Classic CC? Lightroom CC is the new cloud-based app, which stores its images in the cloud. Lightroom Classic CC is the latest version of the Lightroom you have used. In order to make it see the images, you will have to open your old catalog and let Lightroom Classic convert it (it will create a copy).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've now got it all woking. Thank you for your knowledge and assistance. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines