• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframing time remapping, Help

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to figure this out for ages so I will be very very happy if someone manages to figure it out. I am trying to create the effect where it looks like the camera is flying through video screens. (this is a demonstration with pictures and not videos)

and then

and then

So for this, I have keyframed the scale from 0 to 180 and I have keyframed the position from the centre of the frame to go to the side of the frame. (I also overlapped two video tracks going the opposite direction so you get the idea of the effect I want). The problem comes with the timing. Because the position is moving at an even speed (because it's between two keyframes)  then when the picture frame is at a small scale, lets say 100 position to the right, it seems like its moving very quickly but then when the picture frames scale gets large then 100 to the right looks like it is moving very slow. I did fix this by using the time remapping function and slowing down the first part of the clip and speeding up the second part of the clip. This worked as I wanted when I tried it with pictures but the problem is that I want to do it with video and using time remapping will affect the video playback and not just affect the position and scale. I tried doing it on an adjustment layer but when I hit play it just showed black on the playback window. So trying to explain the effect I want... I want is similar to the stargate thing in 2001 space odyssey apart from instead of the lights on each side I want there to be videos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is to take a different approach.  Create additional keyframes when the image is small to make it's travel take longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think keyframing this correctly in Premiere would be very time consuming. After Effects has 3D built in and would be a much better place to accomplish this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris! This sounds tricky, but I understand the effect you're going for, that'll look cool. Could you upload a video of what you've done so far and show us what the video is currently doing? I think we can find a solution if we know where you are. Looking forward to figuring this out with you!

Thanks,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still trying to get this done, Chris? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines