• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated - Missing Fonts

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the newest version today (April 6, 2018) and the font I use for a particular project (AvantGarde) is no longer available in the program. It is installed on my computer, but I have no idea how to access it with Premiere. This was the standard font I was using for this project up until today. Any insight?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Hi all,

We're working to fix this problem where Premiere Pro is unable to see certain CoolType fonts.

Stay tuned for an update.

Thanks,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the font and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. I wish it was that simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart the computer after uninstalling and after reinstalling?

I should have suggested that earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a serious problem. Today I also updated my home MacPro tower (on El Capitan), and can confirm across 2 other Macs – a work MacBook Pro (on Sierra), and another work MacBook Pro (on HighSierra) – that Type 1 Postscript fonts do not show up in Premiere 12.1, nor After Effects 15.1. Only Open Type True Type fonts, or those installed under TypeKit appear to show up.

I have a personal MacBook Pro still on Premiere 12.0.1, and After Effects 15.0.1 and all font types show up fine there.

It should be noted that Premiere and Media Encoder would not open at all after the update on my MacPro until I applied the fix mentioned in this thread which involved removing the Typesupport folder at ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0 (same for Premiere). A new file gets created on restart, but this did nothing to get back my fonts.

Hundreds of fonts are no longer loading in these apps since the update, on 3 different Macs, one of which never had Premiere opened until today. No problem with other CC apps like Photoshop, InDesign, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to report that here:

Premiere Pro: feedback reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Another user has reported this. Hopefully it will get fixed, as my main computer is dead for any titling work. One user has found a type conversion tool for $100 that will convert from Type 1 to Open Type, as a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded & installed the free AnateGarde and it's working fine in version 12.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same prob on my Mac after installing version 12.1. So I reinstalled 12.0 and all fonts are working again.

WARNING: If you intend to go back to version 12.0, don't open any of your existing projects in 12.1. I didn't discover the "lost font" issue until I had already opened a 12.0 file from a week ago in 12.1. When I reinstalled 12.0 and tried to open last week's file it wouldn't let me open it saying it had already been opened in a newer version. Seems funny but one minor version change from 12.0 to 12.1 made that much difference.

I see where there's a version 12.2 available now, I wonder if it fixes the "lost fonts" issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.1 should fix most missing fonts issues.

As to the process of migrating projects forward ... if you migrate a project forward, always only migrate a copy or duplicate of the project file of the earlier version, so you always have a safe way back.

Editing Safety & Professional Sanity 101 ... in any program.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

I know now I should've duplicated the file first but never having been burned like that before (27 years on a Mac) I got caught with my britches down. I just never thought there'd be a need to back it up first. Thanks again...and I'll give 12.1.1 a try.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, forget a safety thing once, likelihood of getting burned is high. Learned that bit myself from that good ol' school of hard knocks. The one that hits you upside the head with about a 50 pound block of cement. Wasn't particularly an enjoyable experience. But I certainly learned ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, I'm working on a project using DIN Black as my font. I updated my adobe, including pr ae and ps. When I opened my project, the font cannot be found (By adobe) but it is still perfectly installed on my system. DIN Regular can be found but the BLACK weight is missing (on Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're working to fix this problem where Premiere Pro is unable to see certain CoolType fonts.

Stay tuned for an update.

Thanks,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress? This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stay with Version 12.0.0 for now. Fonts work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this for PrPro? The newest AE update fixes this, so I was hoping to that Premiere would be close behind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should, as most of the text issues were similar between them, and though I haven't tested that particular font, it should be working now.

Easy enough to test ... install the updated 12.1.2 ... create a new project, play with your fonts. If they all work, THEN create new project files for your projects, go to the old project files in the Media Browser and import their assets.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So....

In another disappointing move by Adobe, this is now broken when I rolled to Premiere Pro v13.0 and AE v16.0.

Help Adobe! I really need my workflow to stop breaking!

Guess I'll be rolling back...again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post your specific thing over on the UserVoice system ... that feeds directly into the engineer's system (and to the upper managers that determine engineer budgets ... )

This forum is great for asking questions, troubleshooting, and keeping each other informed. That space is designed for the engineers to track problems.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines