Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you use the range mask?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one use RANGE MASK?

On my iMac range mask is always off and   nothing I do changes it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Range mask is a method to fine tune the mask of a local adjustment. That means you first have to apply a local adjustment before you can activate it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, vinsolo! Here's a quick how to: Pick the radial filter tool and make an adjustment anywhere on your image. Make sure you keep that adjustment selected and scroll down to where you see your Range Mask options. Click the dropdown next to the word "Off" and you should be able to select either Color or Luminance range mask. Depth mask is only available for images that have depth map data embedded. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you'll find some tutorials:

Color and Luminance Range Masking in Lightroom Classic CC - YouTube

Lightroom Classic CC Range Mask - YouTube

The Depth mask feture is only available for images that have depth map data embedded. As far as I know, at the moment only the iPhone is able to deliver such information.

NEW Adobe Lightroom 8.0 Feature: Depth Masking! - YouTube

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines