• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using external hard drive on PC and Mac

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a PC and a Mac and I want to work in between them. Will putting my catalog (or starting a new one) on an external drive and swapping between the two be enough, or are there extra steps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

There are extra steps. Each time you connect to a different computer, you will have to re-link the photos within Lightroom, because the Mac name for the drive will be different than the Windows name of the drive. See these instructions to re-link (particularly Figure 4 and associated text) Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

OR

You can make the file paths relative (you would have to do this one time only) by moving (using your operating system) all the photos to subfolders u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are extra steps. Each time you connect to a different computer, you will have to re-link the photos within Lightroom, because the Mac name for the drive will be different than the Windows name of the drive. See these instructions to re-link (particularly Figure 4 and associated text) Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

OR

You can make the file paths relative (you would have to do this one time only) by moving (using your operating system) all the photos to subfolders under the same folder that your catalog file is located in. To do this, you'd have to follow the above instructions to re-link in Lightroom, once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines