• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 8 back to 7.5?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So last night, I upgraded Lightroom to LR Classic CC 8 trial, but would like to go back to the latest LR7.5 trial. I am running Windows 10.

I'm having problems trying to revert back from Lightroom 8 to 7.5. I have tried it using the most current Creative Cloud App but no luck...it doesn't give me the option to install 'Previous Versions', as I have seen others do. The only option I have is to 'Uninstall' the program, which is the latest one, 8.0.I had 7.4 here and accidently upgraded to 8.0 through the app, not realizing that it was going to be 8.0.

The reason why I would like to revert back as of now is because version 8 seemed to be glitchy and program closed on me once after launching. I'd like to know that before purchasing that I have the option for 7.5 which is the version I'd like to have/use on my pc.

Unfortunately, when I open the Creative Cloud App and select "Manage", the only option that I have is "Uninstall". I don't have the "Other Versions" option. I downloaded the Creative Cloud App directly from Adobe's website, then selected 'Lightroom Classic CC'. Once I select it, it began to download version 8.

The Adobe website only offers a direct download of Lightroom Classic CC 7.01 but I'd like to take advantage of the new features installed on 7.3 to 7.5.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling both Adobe Creative Cloud App & Lightroom, but still no luck with the Creative Cloud app giving me the option to choose an earlier version of Lightoom.

Any help to this problem would be greatly appreciated and allow me to make my decision to purchase a subscription.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Hi there,

As I understand, you would like to roll back the Lightroom trial from 7.5 to 8. Unfortunately, that is not possible since the trial is available only for a single version. You need to have a paid version of Lightroom in order to use the 'Previous Versions'.

Let us know if you have any questions around this.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As I understand, you would like to roll back the Lightroom trial from 7.5 to 8. Unfortunately, that is not possible since the trial is available only for a single version. You need to have a paid version of Lightroom in order to use the 'Previous Versions'.

Let us know if you have any questions around this.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & thanks for the fast responses

I wasn't aware that I couldn't revert to a previous version because I have a trial version.
Had I known, I wouldn't have upgraded, when I saw the upgrade option it never said what version it was...wish that Adobe had listed the version as 8 so I knew.

I saw that Adobe has a direct download link for version 7.01...will the later versions ever become available to download to try? I ask because I saw that Lightroom version 6 has every update available to download...but 7 hasn't done this yet.

I am  using a PC(laptop) with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doogieh1088  wrote

I saw that Adobe has a direct download link for version 7.01...will the later versions ever become available to download to try? I ask because I saw that Lightroom version 6 has every update available to download...but 7 hasn't done this yet.

If you are running in trial mode, once the trial expires in 7 days, I don't think you will be allowed to use any version of LR Classic CC 7 or LR Classic CC 8. I suppose you can try, but that's usually the way this trial deal works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Trials are available only for the latest version of the software. You can not roll back to Lr 7.5.

I'm working with Lr 8.0 for a while now and I did not find trouble. What is your OS and version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time, you could do a 30 day trial for each new "dot" update. Then Adobe realized that people were doing a month's trial, waiting two months and then getting another free month. Also, no on-line activation was needed for versions 1 through 5. After selling a registration key there was no way for Adobe to know on how many computers it was installed. Adobe's attitude toward LR was like toward a kinda' unpromising stepchild, a spinoff from ACR that might be useful to a niche market, but the star of the family that had to be protected and guarded from pirates and thieves was PS. When they finally realized that LR was a top moneymaker they tightened up on those loopholes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If once upon a time people would not have abused the system, all those nice protection measures and trial restrictions would not have been necessary.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines