• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to sync "All Photographs" to mobile?

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have a select few collections which are synced with Lightroom CC and thus viewable on my mobile phone via the app. Is it possible to sync "All Photographs" (image below) from Lightroom Classic CC so they are viewable on mobile? Would this require me to create a collection containing all photographs and periodically update it?

Image 2018-10-24 at 3.46.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to simply synchronize all photographs. You can only synchronize collections. The other alternative is to migrate your entire catalog to Lightroom CC. Take note that the basic photography plan only provides 20 GB of cloud storage. If you need additional storage it's available for an extra premium.

When you synchronize collections, smart previews are synchronized and they don't impact your cloud storage. When you migrate your catalog then full-sized images are sent to the cloud and they do impact your cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's silly that you can't have all of your pictures sync to mobile. It's the device I use mostly while on the go (aka all the time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never tried it, but I suppose you could create a collection using all photographs. But Lightroom Classic CC isn't the program to use if what you want to do is share all of your images, and that is your primary objective. Perhaps you should consider using Lightroom CC. The editing features aren't quite as powerful, but your images download straight to the cloud and are immediately available on all mobile devices as well as on your computer. That's what it is specifically designed for. Just a suggestion. It isn't the program I use because that isn't my area of emphasis. But a lot of users really appreciate it for what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To to clear, I use Lightroom CC and sync it with my Lightroom Classic CC, which is the app I have on my iPhone. I don't use Lightroom CC on desktop, but rather Lightroom Classic CC.

Every picture I take on mobile auto syncs with Lightroom CC mobile app. But there are many photos in Lightroom Classic CC that I want viewable on my iPhone but that do not belong in a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want them to synchronize with mobile, and they're in Classic, they have to be in a collection. That's the way Classic works. If you want EVERY image in the cloud, then install Lightroom CC and import every image using that program. They will import directly to the cloud, be available on all mobile devices, and will also download to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for this. If I did this would it stay in sync with new photos added to the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photos added to the Classic catalog would still have to be put into collections to synchronize. Photos uploaded directly to Lightroom CC would automatically download to Classic. But remember that images uploaded using Lightroom CC are going to impact your cloud allotment.

Anything going FROM Classic is going to have to be in collections. It is that way by design. Anything coming to classic from Lightroom CC will be added automatically (sort of) to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines