• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Delete Blank Files

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends! I have a Lightroom issue that I cannot figure out for the life of me. This all started because I wanted to clear the "All Photos" section in the catalog (admittedly let this get too high). After deleting thousands of files that have been edited, exported, delivered, etc. I am noticing a bunch of these grey thumbnail "blanks." When I click on each one, nothing happens. There is no file number. I right-click, remove photo, and nothing happens. I have spent hours looking at the Adobe community forums, but this is a lingering question that seems to not have any answers. I've tried disabling the plug-ins. I've tried removing the "Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata" folder. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom. Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there any way to get rid of these? It's not only driving me crazy, but I am worried that it will result in some sort of file corruption in the future. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I wanted to clear the "All Photos" section in the catalog (admittedly let this get too high). After deleting thousands of files that have been edited, exported, delivered, etc.

These words suggest something serious!

"All Photographs" shows all your photo files in one single window, if you delete them from here with  (Delete from Disk) then they are all permanently Gone- all your camera files/photos- gone!  You cannot "clear" the [All Photographs] list in the Catalog panel (except to delete photos selectively).

Can you screen clip your entire Lightroom window to show the state of your library now? And some more explanation of your methods.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines