• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019 disable start screen gone from preferences

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the function to disable the start screen has been removed from prefs > general.

Very annoying it keep popping up every time I close document after working with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

It's called "Disable the Home Screen" now

Untitled3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's called "Disable the Home Screen" now

Untitled3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have been looking sideways; tx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the new PS CC 2019 today. It pops up no matter what. The Disable the home screen is Checked and I get the annoying screen every time I open and close a photo. Really messes up my work flow and it always has to happen on these updates right before I start a job for a client. Spent 2 hours with Adobe tech support. No luck. They can't figure it out. When into the preferences and changed all of that, still no luck.

Also went deeper into preference and clicked on Performance tab. In there there's a box to click on the Legacy Composting whcih the Adobe tech said the click on. Still no luck.

My work around is to just put the idiotic box to the side of the screen where it at least stays so I don't have it popping up in from of my screen each time I close a photo to start the next edit.

I have to work fast and this idiotic bug is really frustrating.

Anybody else having the same issue. I'm on  Mac Pro Running High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same, adjusting the preference and restarting PS did the trick for me.

Clicking the button 'Rest prefs on quit’ may also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue—the "Disable the Home Screen" option is ticked in Preferences--> General, but after I relaunch the app, it's back every time I close a document. Very irritating interruption of my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well and it's so freaking annoying that I'm going back to PS CC 2018. I hope there'll be a fix soon. That's so irritating, it has to be a bug. I'm using a MB Pro Mid 2014 with macOS Sierra 10.12.6. "Disabling Home Screen" option is enabled in Preferences but doesn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried ‘clear preferences on quit’ then restart Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just tried that but didn't fix anything. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REVISION

After restarting a few times, the home screen came back - every time I Save and Close

DARN!

I really hope they fix that "Disable Home Screen" button

---------------------------------------

I also found "Disable the Home Screen" didn't work

BUT

I FINALLY got it to go away by clicking "Use Legacy 'New Document' Interface" and restarting  (MacOS)

Yea!!!!!

Now let's hope it stays gone

--------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same problem. I just dowloaded CC first time, newest version. Preferences disable home screen but it is still popping up all the time.

I also noted that it is calling home about two times every second (little snitch show Photoshop connecting every second and the house (home) button in photoshop blinks with the exact same frequency).

Really annoying stuff, that useless home window popping up every time no image is open. How do they come up with that nonsense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. It's an idiotic default setting which I have to spend 20 minutes trying to switch off every time there's an upgrade. It's frigging nuts. Totally amateur. And like you it always happens just when the heat is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I had the wrong product. My problem is with elements.

Tedd Adams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop and the disable Home Screen is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Illustrator, "Disable Home Screen" is no longer in Prefernces/General, this is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the most recent versions of Illustrator it's called

2020-01-22 10_34_32-Adobe Illustrator 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the answer for Elements 19. The disable the start screen has been removed from prefs > general. How can you get rid of this major irritant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because this is a Photoshop forum, you need to post your query here Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will do. I never know where I am half the time wading through the menus.

Tedd Adams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since upgrading and already spoke three times to Adobe support. They've tried to fix it remotely but it still pops up. It's very annoying. I'm running it on Mojave. Definitely a bug.... and I really hope that Adobe solves the issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB Mac Users:  Mariah's "easy instructions" above, are for Windows machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessmellon, the problem has partially re-appeared at my end, in that the home screen reappears at the end of a sequence of open images being closed. but at least no "home" screen at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe this morning to discuss issues with both Bridge 2019 and Photoshop 2019 updates.

Told them I had to go back to 2018 versions of both.

They confirmed the issues and and bugs and said the engineering teams are working to fix the issues.

So I uninstalled 2019 versions and no problems any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines