• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR latest update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR has been a problem for a long time, hanging, not responding with whiteout screen, then before latest update it was staring to be OK.
NOW it is worse than ever, no matter what I try to do it hangs with not responding and then it comes back only to do the same in few seconds with option I choose.
Can you people at Adobe PLEASE do you job and try this stuff out before launching it?
When can we expect usable update? this is just KILLING my workflow and time

br
Bragi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bragi,

Sorry to hear about the update issues, have you tried turning off the Graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences >Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

GPU troubleshoot Lightroom - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I thought that was supposed to improve the software not halt it, I have GeForce GTX750 graphic card, is that a issue?
I wonder why this option is in LR if turning it of can possibly improve the performance of LR?
Its just SO VERY frustrating trying to do any work and has been for WAY too long so excuse my frustration.

br
Bragi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video driver version are you using?

There have been reports of problems with version 416.x drivers for Nvidia cards. I believe 411.x was more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GTX 750 has never been supported by Lightroom for graphics acceleration, and so the box "Use Graphics Processor" should be unchecked. That probably doesn't fix your problems, but nevertheless it should be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a lap top with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Are you saying no NVIDIA card are supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bkort  wrote

Simple fact is LR runns better with that GPU option turned off 99% of the time. Only if you have a high res display will you see any speed increase.

No that is Not what he is saying. Make sure you have the latest NVidia drivers installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you consider high res? The laptop has 4K the PC 2K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, the GPU acceleration in Lightroom is not effective on standard HD monitors (1920x1080) and you start to see the effectiveness of the GPU acceleration on larger monitors (in pixels). If you have a 4K or larger, you almost have to have GPU acceleration turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bkort  wrote

No, I said that the GTX 750 is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just my luck then, bought new card when I got the Dell ips 2K monitor 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help with a 2K monitor. Hard to say until you start using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some serious bugs also in PS
I have unchecked using GPU, I have PS open but no image and I was importing pictures into LR, it stops with no responding and halts.
Opening task manager shows me that LR is using from 85-100% of CPU resources, THAT can not be normal.
Then if PS is open for some time it just freezes and I have to kill it with task managerLR was tolerable for few months

I love PS, and have so far recommend it 100%  but LR,,,, you are alway asking "would you recommend it to a friends, maybe 5 out of 10.

LR was tolerable for few months until this new version, how long is going to be until is becomes tolerable again? Do I need to strat using Bridge or find alternative software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines