• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring files to new iPad

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought a new iPad and set it up from the latest back up of my old iPad.  Everything has gone smoothly except for PDF files that were stored in sub folders. None of them have moved across, and there are many. The folders have been created on the new iPad, but not the files within. Can anyone advise how best to get them over?  I know I could e-mail them to myself and open on the new iPad, but this will be laborious to say the least.  Any tips greatfully received.  Rob

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi robl23442034​,

If you have a Windows or Mac desktop computer, you can transfer your local PDF documents from your old iPad to the new iPad using Apple iTunes desktop app.

1. Transfer the documents from your old iPad to a computer.
  2. Transfer the documents from the computer to your new iPad.

How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

It would be much faster to transfer a large number of documents than emailing or using AirDrop, for example.

Please give it a try.

P.S.  If you store your documents in cloud storage (e.g. Adobe Document Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive), you can access them from different devices.  This would eliminate the need to transfer documents when you switch devices.  (However, it may not be a good option for those who prefer to store documents locally on devices.)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi robl23442034​,

If you have a Windows or Mac desktop computer, you can transfer your local PDF documents from your old iPad to the new iPad using Apple iTunes desktop app.

1. Transfer the documents from your old iPad to a computer.
  2. Transfer the documents from the computer to your new iPad.

How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

It would be much faster to transfer a large number of documents than emailing or using AirDrop, for example.

Please give it a try.

P.S.  If you store your documents in cloud storage (e.g. Adobe Document Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive), you can access them from different devices.  This would eliminate the need to transfer documents when you switch devices.  (However, it may not be a good option for those who prefer to store documents locally on devices.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines