Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to write illustrator script tutorials

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Does anyone have any good resource, tutorials, videos on how to write Illustrator scripts for non-coders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you type your post's title into Google, it will give you a list of video and text tutorials on how to write scripts for Illustrator.

Since we don't understand your actual needs, or skill level, there's really no way for us to determine which would be the "best" for you. It's going to take a little trial and error to find what helps you most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

I'm new to coding. Taking a java scrips class now but a lot of the video tutorials online assume a lot of knowledge. I'm looking for bare bones beginner stuff lol.

The scripts I'm trying to write are just to automate a few tedious steps in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, aside from what you're already doing, learning coding basics, there probably isn't going to be much out there.

Many of Adobe's programs assume you already have a basic understanding when using more advanced features like that.

If you post in Illustrator's scripting forum, someone may be able to help you write the script you want, or know of a place to go that teaches the methods you need. The Coding Corner forum is pretty much deserted these days, so you'd definitely get more eyes on your issue than you would here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet, thank you. I'll hop on over to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines