• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box Disappears Essential Graphics with Version 2019

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading from 2018 to 2019 i can no longer see the bounding box for essential graphics. I keep having the need to reset the settings from GPU Accel to Software and back and forth, then adjust my preview monitor. I had no issues with this in 2018.

Also your splash screen is corrupted in terms of the Title of the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

I confirm that with custom scaling set to 125%, I get bounding boxes in PR 2018.1.2 and NOT in 2019.

Text scaling set to 150% in both conditions. Oops! Except that even though I did not change the text from 150%, when the custom scaling is set, the "text" box is greyed out with "350%" in it.

Neil, all your descriptions are the "works" condition; pretty much none work when the bounding box is not visible.

I think that the actual text adding/editing works either way, it just looks very odd and has co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported, and is only affecting some users.

See this thread:

Re: Simple titling seems to have disappeared in 2019 Premiere Pro cc

What OS? We don't know what the common denominator may be for users affect. What graphics card and driver version? How many monitors are you running, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Past Stan's comments, another possible issue is monitor scaling ... if your monitor is set for anything other than 100%, you can get parts of the UI not working properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I've had monitor scaling to 125% in Premiere Pro CC 2018 for many many months with no issues, so it's definitely a bug with 2019. Hope Adobe addresses the issue soon.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Bug" or "Behavior as designed" ... for things like this can be very much determined by the viewpoint of the person considering the issue.

If you were running at 125% in 2018, well ... you were pretty lucky! There were constant posts on here of people having issues that were the result of monitor scaling. So "we" were constantly having to tell people to go back to 100% ... which immediately fixed many UI issues.

The bug/as-designed thing: they simply haven't done the work in the UI for making it able to work with all scaled monitors. So, it's not been designed to work with scaled monitors. And they need further push on this. So please go to the UserVoice system, and search for the other "ideas" requesting that PrPro respect and work with scaled monitors. All filings there go directly to the engineer's system and to the collated list upper managers use to determine budgets, including tasking engineering time.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I just re-installed Premiere Pro CC 2019 and set my scaling to 100% and the bounding box is still not present - completely hidden - can't see it. Tried on three different machines, exactly the same problems. Switching immediately to Version 2018 and i can see the bounding box. This has nothing to do with scaling. This is a known bug. It is very disappointing. I then set scaling to 125, and 150% in Windows 10 and with the Version 2018 version it works perfectly. Not sure how this slipped quality control?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scaling was set to 100%, and I have no problem with the bounding boxes. Note that this is not the "text" scaling (in Win 10), which I have set to 150%. The scaling at issue here is "Advanced/Custom" scaling. The setting comes with a warning if a display does not support the scaling used.

I switched the advanced scaling from 100% to 125% and bounding boxes are gone. Switch back, all okay.

Confirm which scaling you are setting, and see if this makes a difference. I hoped Neil had it, but perhaps not.

Did not have 2018 on this machine. Installing and will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan:

The scaling i'm referring to is using Windows Settings -> Scale and Layout, not the font size. I don't have a custom scaling at all.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "bounding box" are you referring to the block of area you have say text in?

As shown here ... if I don't have a line selected in the EGP layers stack there's no 'bounding box' ...

EGP no selection.PNG

But when I select a line in the EGP layer stack, the box appears ...

EGP text line selection.PNG

Also, with the "Move" tool (arrow icon, V key on keyboard) I can click on text in the program monitor and the bounding box of the text or graphic appears.

To be certain ... none of these work for you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 2019, none of them; with 2018 all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I'd use the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to uninstall, then reboot, then download/instll new files.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that with custom scaling set to 125%, I get bounding boxes in PR 2018.1.2 and NOT in 2019.

Text scaling set to 150% in both conditions. Oops! Except that even though I did not change the text from 150%, when the custom scaling is set, the "text" box is greyed out with "350%" in it.

Neil, all your descriptions are the "works" condition; pretty much none work when the bounding box is not visible.

I think that the actual text adding/editing works either way, it just looks very odd and has confused some users into thinking the text editing wasn't possible.

FYI, Windows 10 Pro, V 1803 Build 17134.345.

asaf, this is the "advanced" I'm talking about. But you appear to have the right option, since I am getting your same results.

Win 10 Scaling.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT! OK so it's a bug. hopefully fixed in 13.0.1 !P.S. - how do I join the beta team - i would really love to help you guys troubleshoot bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to how to join their beta, probably message one of the engineers when you see them pop in on a thread here, which they've been doing pretty regularly lately. Some of the red "Adobe" badged people responding in color and EGP and such things are engineers. So they'd at least know who to contact.

I was a Teaching Assistant (TA) at Adobe MAX in LA a week or so back. in a lab where Ashley Kennedy was teaching masking, we were having a horrid time with mask UI's appearing for a while ... then simply disappearing. The result was there, but ... if you can't see your control points, it's pretty ... pointless?

We'd go into Program Monitor and turn show transport controls off ... that would bring them back. Next time on that computer, try setting to Software Only turning off GPU use. Next time ... reboot. One TA though to check the monitor scaling after the second lab of hers, saw it was at 125%, set it to 100, and ... voila, it worked right. So they had to bring in the staff and set every monitor of the 150 or so in that room to 100%.

The rest of us hadn't thought to check because we all make sure our monitors are always at 100%, I mean, duh, right? Not that we're necessarily thrilled about that but we want to get work done. Practical matter.

There was an Ae QC engineer as a TA in there ... and said, yea, that's a pain ... but monitor scaling hasn't been the top priority of the team.

I'm hoping they can get this fixed in both PrPro and Ae. If you've had monitor scaled and all functions of PrPro/Ae have worked correctly at any time, you were very lucky!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all, I was having the same issue on my laptop while using Premier Pro and as soon as I adjusted my Scale and Layout, (Windows Display Settings) back to 100%, (I had it set to 125%...) the bounding box in Premier Pro appeared immediately.  V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines