Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Preset Importing Error "The preset file was the wrong type of preset"

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am running LR Classic CC version 8.0 and am trying to send my presets to my editing team that is using LR version 6 (CC 2015). They are unable to import my presets and are getting this error. Can anyone help me resolve this? I have seen some comments having to do with brush presets, but this is not even able to import a preset that is strictly a label (Process version is the only thing checked in the preset).

If it makes a difference, I am working on a mac and they are working on a PC.

image005.jpg

Thanks for your help!

- Taylor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

They are trying to import an XMP preset into Lightroom CC2015. That old version of Lightroom does not support XMP presets. These were introduced in Lightroom Classic 7.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are trying to import an XMP preset into Lightroom CC2015. That old version of Lightroom does not support XMP presets. These were introduced in Lightroom Classic 7.3.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines