• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occurred in: lvcod64.dll (GetAVICodecs)

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the 2019 version of Premiere Pro CC I'm getting this error when opening any project. I can edit the project but I don't know if any work that I'll be doing will be compromised by this error. I need a position about this problem to continue working in any project in the 2019 version.lvcod.jpg

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

This issue is now fixed in the Premiere Pro (Beta) release. Please download the latest build and let us know if you still encounter the issue with the lvcod64.dll. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Since the error started, I can't play preview video, work with graphics, or open the color panel. Everything just crashes, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me! I've struggled for the past 2 days and i am a youtuber, I can't even do my work! I am really worried.

I've had 2 customer support helps, screen share my computer, so they can use it themselves and both have not been able to fix the issue.

I've updated to 2019 (problem happened with 2018), i've updated my 980 graphics card drivers, i've cleaned cache files, i've deleted premier pro and re downloaded it, but to no avail!

I am getting really frustrated now, i can't afford to miss uploading because of some crazy issue! So stressful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very frustrated with the support from Adobe.

A low-level exception is popping up in several posts and in different circumstances.

We are not getting any response from Adobe technical people. Do they read any of those posts? Do they care?

The only suggestion that I can add to this issue is to uninstall Premiere version 2019 and continue to use version 2018 until someone from Adobe resolve this serious problem.

I spent already too many hours trying to solve it.

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It seems that lvcod64.dll belongs to the installation of Logitech Webcam software.

As we know historically the loading of inadequate elements can cause problems in Premiere, as it happened with the K-Lite.

My recommendation is to verify possible updates of the product to know if this solves the problem or uninstall it.

Another solution would be to remove lvcod64.dll from the system but I do not know how you can impart this to the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi huanmario,

I have the same error message in PremierePro CC 2019 even if it doesn't seem to affect my work. Anyway, I have also a logitech webcam with all drivers updated, I have also try to unistall it but the error still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue.

We have identified this as a known issue and we are working on a fix. Till then, please try these workarounds:

• Uninstall all Logitech drivers from Device Manager.
  • Go to the folder C:/Windows/System32 and delete the file lvcode64.dll or lvcod64.dll.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me today. While I was unable to find the drivers the post said to delete I was able to find the file in the system32 folder and deleted it after closing Premiere Pro cc 2019. I am hoping this works until Adobe can update the scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this error too and have reverted to using 2018 CC version.

This solution of removing the .dll will not work for me because I need the drivers for the Logitech c920 Webcam I am using -- if I delete the .dll file then would not my Logitech webcam stop working? Please fix this quickly Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and I can´t delete lvcode64.dll because I use my logitech webcam for video conferencing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi germancgalvan,

I understand your point. Till the time we are working on a fix, you can use the previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro i.e. cc12.1.2, if it is working fine for you.

I will advocate on your behalf.

Thank you for your patience,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this. All I had to do was remove the file from the System32 folder. Premiere works and my Logitech camera still works as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not correct the problem for me. With all of the praise this software gets I am shocked at how many bugs it has. Paying a perpetual subscription for buggy software is crazy. You would think it would be a well oiled machine even after updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. As is stated above though there are other solutions to try. Hopefully one will work until Adobe fixes the issue for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ppro is so unreliable that I lost my work after 2 hours working hard on it. Stopped responding for no reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the file lvcod64.dll from the folder C:/Windows/System32 has solved this issue for me.

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the file made things worse. Now I've lost audio in Premiere. All Audio HW Default Ins/Outs in Preferences unchanged; and now the devices are listed as (Not Working)

PremiereAudio.jpg

Restoring the file didn't work, nor did restarting the system (Win 10) I'm still getting system sounds- so it's not the device.

UPDATE:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling fixed the audio- but I'm still getting the exception error

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Logitech set of Audio speakers
BUT: do not find any lvcod64.dll on my PC
Still I Premiere Pro 2019 gives me the error msg

Adobe TechSupport person today told me after a good look at my computer, that I have to look for AVI Codecs from Microsoft
- I really can't understand this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem has never been Avi codes nor nothing more than  BUG that was fixed and solved the problem.

speaking of the new release, I must mention the issue I'm having with BRIDGE. had to downgrade back to early version because it kept crashing on me.

Mod note: edited for content. Please do not attack others on these forums, including Adobe employees. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the fix if using a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this issue in Windows 10. Reverting to Premiere 2017 or 2018 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem here ! It is very expensive plan for there to be no solution ! If there is no quick solution I will cancel my Plan, ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no point in threatening to cancel your subscription on a user to user platform.

If you want help Contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no quick solution I will cancel my Plan, ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD !

This issue has been solved for a long time now.

In Premiere Pro CC 2019, go to Help > Updates. That´s a quick solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really helpful to have the "Correct Answer" updated to reflect that the problem can now be solved by simply updating the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really helpful to have the "Correct Answer" updated to reflect that the problem can now be solved by simply updating the app!

Good point!

I just updated the correct answer to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate