• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat on a go-slow since installing High Sierra

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all CC app are working at about 60-7-% of speeds previous to installation.

But Acrobat the worst - often hanging for a few mins just to properly preview a pdf.

I'm regularly having to force quit Acrobat, then carry out basic pdf functions with Mac's own 'Preview' app with no probs.

Obv, Preview is limited and doesn't have Acrobats' pre-press functionality, so this is not a 'fix'.

All CC apps and Mac os x up to date... solutions, or even just 'how about's much appreciated...

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please contact our Support here: contact-bumper

Let us know if you face any issue contacting support.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Goatian,

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if you are running the latest patch for Acrobat by clicking check for updates under Help menu. You may also download updates manually from this link: Adobe - Acrobat : For Macintosh

2- If there aren't any updates available, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given here: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

3- If step 2 doesn't work, try the steps suggested in this link: adobe reader DC slow (Acrobat Reader) 

Let us know Acrobat dot version installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Keep us posted with the results.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had tried all those stock “fixes” a while ago, thank you, after following a similar thread on this forum.

My software versions are up to date.

Just checked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was wondering if Adobe had a response to my question that didn‘t arrive from a company manual !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try uninstalling Acrobat by clicking "uninstall" in the drop-down option next to Acrobat DC under Creative Cloud desktop app, reboot the machine, and reinstall Acrobat? Does that help? You may refer to these links for more info:

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d done that also - a few times - naturally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have RightZoom installed on the machine? If yes, try adding an exclusion to Acrobat and see if that resolves the issue. Launch rightzoom > Applications

If not, try enabling a guest account, login into the account and launch Acrobat from there. You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to set up an account on mac: macOS Sierra: Set up users, guests, and groups on your Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple recommend NOT to use Right Zoom when working with CC apps.

So no - I don’t (and won’t) use Right Zoom.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try disabling all startup items and then launch Acrobat, does that help? To disable startup items: How can i disable startup programs when mac boots? |Official Apple Support Communities. If the issue still persists, try enabling guest account and launch from Acroabt from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start-up apps are not the issue.

To confirm, of all the CC apps I use, only Acrobat slowed down after upgrading Mac to High Sierra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please contact our Support here: contact-bumper

Let us know if you face any issue contacting support.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem.  Was it resolved?  Acrobat doesn't work for several minutes after opening since I upgraded to High Sierra.  Has nothing to do with other apps.  Just needs like 10 minutes to wake up.  I've been opening it first and letting it get through the sleepy morning grouchy 'won't works', while I do something else.  But, obviously this is a programming problem.  Has it been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‘Fraid not. I grew tired of the ‘answers from a manual’ from Adobe, and just presumed that my Mac needs an upgrade… when I win the lottery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Laggy scrolling has been the case for years on MacBooks and the problem is only getting worse in acrobat dc. Hope someone at Adobe really looks into this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines