Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"New Photos" Function Not Working at Import

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the Import function. I've been using the same SD card to import photos. Each time I load up the SD card and go to Import, "New Photos" is selected, but all photos on the entire SD card, even older (already imported) photos are checked as if Lightroom thinks they are all new photos. How can I fix this so that LR only identifies truly new photos?

Essentially, at this point the feature is broken for me. I can import normally, but I'd prefer not to have to de-select old photos.

I'm using LR Classic CC 7.3 on Windows 10.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi jcw122,

Sorry that Lightroom is not importing the recent images instead it is importing all the already imported images.

Could you please updating Lightroom to the latest version 7.4 and let us know if that helps? See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the option to not import duplicates activated?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried clicking this option. It removes most of the old photos, but still leaves some that have already been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I tried this option and it helps partially but still leaves about 30 previously imported images in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jcw122,

Sorry that Lightroom is not importing the recent images instead it is importing all the already imported images.

Could you please updating Lightroom to the latest version 7.4 and let us know if that helps? See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this and report back on next import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure jcw122, let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines