• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Operating system upgrade required?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, I received an e-mail by Adobe telling me that I have to upgrade to Windows 10, because from 2019 on, Adobe apps won't work on older Operating systems.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and I did not intend to upgrade to Windows 10.

Does that mean that I won't be able to use my Adobe Creative Cloud products, especially Lightroom Classic CC in the future? Or does it mean, that LR Classic CC will be kind of discontinued? This would make me change from Adobe to a different software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic won't be discontinued anytime soon and you will be able to keep using Adobe apps. It just means that you won't be able to install newer versions of Classic and other apps come 2019 as they will need windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ulrichh38006871  wrote

Last week, I received an e-mail by Adobe telling me that I have to upgrade to Windows 10, because from 2019 on, Adobe apps won't work on older Operating systems.

You were sent that message by mistake. Windows 7 SP1 is supported for all CC 2019 apps except the video editing applications Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush and After Effects.

OS support for CC 2019 apps

CC 2019 apps are available for Windows 7, Windows 10 or later, and macOS Sierra 10.12 or later. 2019 versions of Digital Video products require the newest versions of Windows 10 and macOS Sierra or later. Windows 8.1 or early Windows 10 versions are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 8/24, this was posted on theblog.adobe.com:

...the next major release of Creative Cloud will not support Windows 8.1, Windows 10 v1511 and v1607, and Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan). Most Creative Cloud applications receiving updates in the next major release will still support Windows 7.

Well after this was published, LR Classic 8.0 (part of Creative Cloud 2019) was released. This Help article says:

Minimum system requirements for Lightroom Classic CC.

Applicable for October 2018 (8.0) release

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) or Windows 10**

**  Not supported on Windows 8.1, Windows 10 versions 1511 and 1607.

So for the time being, LR Classic will continue to support Windows 7.  In general, you can continue to run old versions of Creative Cloud apps on older versions of Windows, as confirmed in this article:

If you’re running Windows 8.1, Windows 10 v1511 and v1607, or Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan), you can continue to run and install previous versions of Creative Cloud applications.

There are two important caveats.

First, the OS Support for CC 2019 Apps Help article says:

Windows 7: The latest versions of the Adobe video and audio tools require Windows 10 (version 1703 or later). Performance and stability are top priorities for all of our users. Running our apps on current version of the Windows 10 helps provide an optimal experience with our tools.

LR Classic includes audio and video libraries developed primarily for other Adobe products. Historically, LR's video support has been buggy and unstable. So even though the LR Classic System Requirements don't mention restrictions on LR's video on Windows 7, it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes even more buggy and unstable.

Second, note this comment from the same Help article:

Future versions of Creative Cloud will not support Windows 7.

As noted above, if LR Classic drops support for Windows 7, you'll probably be able to continue running older versions of it on Windows 7. You just won't be able to update to newer versions of LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ulrichh38006871  wrote

Does that mean that I won't be able to use my Adobe Creative Cloud products, especially Lightroom Classic CC in the future? Or does it mean, that LR Classic CC will be kind of discontinued? This would make me change from Adobe to a different software.

I did not get this e-mail, however the recent announcement by Adobe clearly indicated that Lightroom Classic CC would be supported under Windows 7 SP1. Upcoming Changes to Photoshop and Lightroom OS Support for Windows and macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines