• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Jumping around Canvas when you click

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using a Windows 10, Surfacebook, and Photoshop CC 2015, I'm trying to do a digital drawing but sometimes for no reason I know of when I use the pen (surface pen not pen tool)  on the canvas with the brush tool selected if I try to just click or do a brush stroke it doesn't do anything just jumps the viewer to the edge of the canvas so you can only see a small line of it on the side, it used to do this a lot randomly but was tolerable but now it's doing it nearly every time I try to do anything and it's Impossible to use, I've tried making sure my arm/wrist isn't touching the screen at all and therefore acsidently hitting the scroll bar but it still jumps when I test this but that didn't work. I can't find any other threads relating to this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Hello, there is no need to edit the registry, apply the Microsoft fix supplied in this help document : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed now when you try to draw the scrollbar goes white and the navigator bar in it starts moving, I still have no idea how to fix this though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey Ged.  That's got to be heavy going for some folk.   It's good to see that Microsoft have issued a fix, because that's going to work with whatever API you want to use for Pen Pressure.  I fell foul of the brush-pans-canvas issue with the Cintiq Companion 2 I have bought travelling, and the UseSystemStylus 0 text file suggested in the Tablet FAQ fixed it.  I have found that WinTab invariably works better than Windows Ink with Windows 8.1 and 10, although I believe CC 2018 improved the Windows Ink API.   Least ways it did until MS put out a Windows 10 update that broke it again.   All sorted now.

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there is no need to edit the registry, apply the Microsoft fix supplied in this help document : Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows update patch isn't, apparently, suitable for my OS - which Win 10 updated regularly. The registry edit is probably my next step but It's incredibly frustrating and for all the benefits of the latest photoshop release, it makes it virtually unusable for very fine brush work.

As the windows update isn't any use to everyone, maybe this shouldn't be listed as "answered"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you explain why it is not suitable for your install of Win10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no reason other than a "This is not compatible with your version of windows", message, which considering that my build is 1809 was somewhat of a surprise, but it isn't limited to one machine. Photoshop is a pretty unstable beasty at the moment. I'm having to rely on older versions of it because the latest one falls over when using it, regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same "This is not compatible with your version of windows" message when I try to install the update.  This issue also only just started happening to me this year.  Might have been reintroduced in the latest update of Photoshop.

It's not just drawing.  It's trying to do anything and the canvas snaps all the way to the top right corner for no reason.  I have to restart Photoshop to get it to stop doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an ongoing problem, this has not been fixed. I'm on build 18362.388 and the latest PsCC 2019. It makes working almost impossible. This is actuyally the second time I've posted in these forums about the fault still not being fixed and there is yet to be an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the third time of asking for a fix. I'm running PS2020 on Win10 build 18362.418. I have 64Gb RAM and it hops about all over the place, worse than before.

Is there any chance that you'll reply to me this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac and just started to have this issue with the latest update on photoshop. I CANNOT WORK AT ALL. The image jumps around, selection jumps around, painting or cloning showing jugged edge and not showing anything then the outcome showing paint or clone all over the place where I didn't paint. I am about to scream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too on a Mac has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, but mine happens when I'm trying to move the canvas after I've zoomed in. Zoom In, drag to the area I want, let go off button and BING the image is GONE. The only way I can get the canvas in the middle is to zoom out again. But that's no good to me when I'm painting details. Strangely it always jumps to the RHS too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines