• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom problem when switching from Library module to Develop module

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently clicked on an unknown spot on the screen. This seems to have made a change in how things work as prior to this when I had a photo open in the Library and then clicked Develop to make adjustments, the same photo would be there.  Now it's some other photo from within the group of photos I'm working in.

I usually scroll though the "Loupe View" and the small pics at the bottom of the screen would scroll along.  I could stop on any photo, click Develop and the pic would be the same one and I could make adjustments. I could switch back a forth between Library and Develop and the picture would be the same one. Now, the small pics at the bottom don't scroll along and when I switch to Develop it goes back to whichever pic is highlighted in the small pics at the bottom scroll bar.

Any ideas on how to get the small versions at the bottom to scroll along while scrolling through pics in the Loupe View?

Thanks,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Have you completely shut down Lightroom and restarted recently? Have you tried resetting preferences? Quit Lr, hold down Opt+Shift when opening LR say yes to reset all preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say same group, but I will ignore that and ask this any how:

Are the image you had selected in the Library module and the image that comes up in the Develop module in the same folder or a different folder?

I ask this, because if you place your mouse pointer in the black area just above the film strip, and left or right click, some options come up, and if you have multiple folders within the catalog, yoou can select a different folder. Now, you can do that in both the Library and Develop modules, and selecting differing folders will give you the bad result you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the same folder.  I'm usually working in the "Previous Import" folder and with photos from the same actual import, but........I tried some other folders and have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely shut down Lightroom and restarted recently? Have you tried resetting preferences? Quit Lr, hold down Opt+Shift when opening LR say yes to reset all preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap has a valid suggestion. Sometimes restarting the computer or the application just clears problems and if they persist, resetting the preferences can fix a lot of strange behavior when we "operators" accidentally click something, possibly holding a keyboard key without realizing it, and set up a new setting inadvertently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion of a complete shut down and that seems to have solved the problem.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I never stop being amazed at how often it's such a simple thing that solves these "technical" problems. 

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you're back on track Jeff. Quitting the app and restarting is a good troubleshooting tip when apps go wonky seemingly out of the blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure is an odd one.

Speaking of the filmstrip at the bottom, is it the same filmstrip in Library vs. Develop? Same set of photos, but with a different image selected???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines