• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpg or photos won't open in photoshop cc

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically I can't import or open a photo into photoshop at all. The program will start just fine and I can create something but when I drag or file/open a photo it quits on me.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled / shut down and restarted / unchecked graphics processor in the preferences panel / reset preferences. I really don't know what is going on. Also have installed older versions.

I'm on a Mac High Sierra 10.13.4 with Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

Any help is of course appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

I was able to have someone from Adobe take over my computer to look at things and it ends up they needed to change permissions on my adobe folder which were changed during an update and didn't get fixed back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradwine,

As you're not able to open images in Photoshop, could you please let us know where are the images stored?
Also, which operating system are you working on?

Could you please try copying a few images to a different drive and see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10. I just installed Photoshop and I also cannot open a photo to edit it. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to have someone from Adobe take over my computer to look at things and it ends up they needed to change permissions on my adobe folder which were changed during an update and didn't get fixed back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now with the new version of Photoshop.  How did this get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. Need fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines