• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting multiple sequences with open caption to Vimeo

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made 13 sequences with open caption in one project.

When all the editing was done, I selected all 13 sequences from the project and exported media(command+M).

From the export setting, Under the publish tab, I log into my Vimeo account, set title, tag, and what not. Then I queued to Media Encoder.

It all went all well, until I discovered all videos were missing their captions.

Now I'm exposing sequence one by one, without directly uploading to Vimeo.

It creates too many extra steps to upload all 13 videos to Vimeo with proper names and tags.

Did anyone experience similar situation?

Can anyone suggest a solution for problem like this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

I've also tested again.

1. I chose 3 sequences and cmd+M'ed for plain export. Set format as h.264 Vimeo 480 SD. Queued to AME, and exported fine.

2. I chose 3 sequences (same ones) and cmd+M'ed. Checked publish to Vimeo, format was the same. Queued to AME and when exporting I could see that the open captions were missing.

3. I chose 3 sequences (same ones again) and cmd+M'ed, checked, publish to Vimeo, then set Captions Export Options as Burn Captions into Videos and Stream Format as Open Captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cocoamossUS,

Still experiencing this issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I've just tried the same thing again.

I used Vimeo 720 HD Preset and Publish to Vimeo account for 13 sequences, and the Media Encoder was rendering without the captions. So I stopped and deleted the queue and started to export sequences without publishing directly to Vimeo, and it's working fine.

So, I guess Publish option is causing the open caption layer to go missing.

Hope my feedback help Adobe improving the software.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. The problem is that Adobe Media Encoder is not handling burn-in of captions IF the AME preferences are set to NOT import sequences natively.

It works if AME is set to import sequences natively BEFORE the export is queued. OR if you use the "export" button from Premiere Pro (and not queue to AME).

I have not tested the publish to Vimeo. When you did not do the "publish" option, did you use "export" from PR? If so, check to see if your AME is set to not import natively. Change it, and the publish option might work.

I'll try to test this, since it is a different bug if so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think it’s AME’s preference because I queue from PR to AME a batch of sequences and it worked fine when I didn’t click publish to vimeo option.

All 13 videos were all captioned fine.

Would a screenshot of my export setting on PR help you solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't hurt. This sounds like an additional issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test 1: set AME to "import sequences natively" (box is checked). Export from PR using queue: H.264, captions set to burn in, Vimeo selected and logged in. Captions are burned in and visible on Vimeo.

Test 2: set AME to deselect "import sequences natively." Export from PR using queue: H.264, captions set to burn in, Vimeo selected and logged in. Captions are NOT burned in (you can see this in the preview window as it exports in AME). The file uploads to Vimeo, but the captions are not there.

I was not exporting multiples, but I don't think that can be an issue.

Double check your workflow. If AME does not have the preferences set correctly BEFORE the videos are queued, it does not work. In fact, when I test this, I always have emptied the queue completely (removing old exports) before setting the preference.

If this does not work, you should log this as an additional bug.

Media Encoder: Hot (198 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test 1: I did so with single sequence without any problems.

But If I try that by selecting multiple sequences, then the captions are not burned in.

Test 2: I got the same result.

AME preferenace was set as you in the first place so I don't think it's the problem.

And I always empty the queue before new work, too.

So, I'm guessing it is a bug, but I've never logged or reported a bug before.

I'll try to find a way to log this later.

But thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay; I'll test with multiples. Does as few as 2 fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I queued 3 videos from PR to AME with the "import sequences natively" checked. Processed and they uploaded to Vimeo correctly.

I could see the burned in captions as AME transcoded them, and the captions are in all 3 on Vimeo.

Not sure what is happening.

I selected one sequence at a time from the timeline (Ctrl-M) and sent to the queue from the export dialogue.

Then I changed the sequence names (so Vimeo wouldn't choke) and selected the 3 in the project panel, File -> Export -> Media, and set to burn in, specified the Open Caption stream, and publish to Vimeo. And queued. I checked one of them and the settings were correct. I could see the captions during the processing. Still worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tested again.

1. I chose 3 sequences and cmd+M'ed for plain export. Set format as h.264 Vimeo 480 SD. Queued to AME, and exported fine.

2. I chose 3 sequences (same ones) and cmd+M'ed. Checked publish to Vimeo, format was the same. Queued to AME and when exporting I could see that the open captions were missing.

3. I chose 3 sequences (same ones again) and cmd+M'ed, checked, publish to Vimeo, then set Captions Export Options as Burn Captions into Videos and Stream Format as Open Captions.

On #1 and #2, I didn't touch this option.

NOW I can see the open captions as AME is rendering.

BUt what I don't understand is why I have to check Captions Export Options when I'm publishing the videos to Vimeo. Shouldn't I had to do the same for #1 method?

Anyway, I know how to fix them now.

I still think it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to thank you in the previous comment.

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

And I'll take another look at this. I have not used the multiple file export very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, I am cocoamossUS. I changed the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines