• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes on import

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I haven't used lightroom in a while but took some photo's of my partners graduation recently and whenever I try to import the photos lightroom constantly crashes.

It is an old version (5.7.1) and I aw using it on Windows 10.

Has anyone experienced this issue and successfully fixed it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error message? If so, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Are the photos JPG or RAW? If RAW, what camera took them? How are you doing the import, from card reader, or USB cable to the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no error message just saying that windows is trying to recover the program, no specific error message with LR.

The photos are RAW and taken on a canon 600D and it is being pulled from an SD reader built into the laptop, but it’s not even going that far it crashes as soon as I click the import option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Android phone connected when you import LR crashes on import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No android connected to my laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a Samsung cellphone on my USB-port for charging ... I  disconnect the phone and LR is working.... OMG!!!!!!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This was driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, lifesaver! Adobe: Fix this! Obviously a bug since many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing a file to your computer first, and then into LR - if that works, it helps isolate the problem, and at least gives you a temporary workaround. If you can't import a file to your computer, it eliminates LR as the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through some threads about this now as I struggled with the same issue.

Easy solution: The card reader that I used (just a Plexgear mulit-card reader) bugged Lightroom somehow, when I unplugged it the whole thing worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your plug-ins, do you have LogiOptions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, outside of Lightroom copy the photos to the folder you want them in. Then in Lightroom, attempt the import as an ADD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines