• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro XI

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT - NEED FOR WORK - Adobe Acrobat Pro XI not stable on my computer any longer. PDF Docs will not stay open. I am running Mojave OS on a Mac.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is not supported by Adobe any longer and not compatible with newer OS versions, like Mojave. It's time for an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct term is update. as it is the same product but a latest version. Please make sure to double check before posting.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not. An "update" in the Adobe terminology is within a major version (for example from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1). An "upgrade" is from one major version to another (for example, from 11.0.0 to 12.0.0). Updating Acrobat XI will not solve their problem. An upgrade will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

make (something) more modern or up to date.

synonyms:modernize,bring up to date, improve, overhaul
"security measures are continually updated"

that is infact.

Upgrade

raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

"the cost of upgrading each workstation is around $300"

Adobe can use whatever word they want it is still wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? According to the same logic "adobe" means:

noun: adobe

-a kind of clay used as a building material.

-a brick formed from adobe.

-a building constructed from adobe clay or bricks.

So I guess we should discuss clay houses on these forums, right?

In a specific context words can have different meanings, and besides, the definitions you provided are much closer to what I described than what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to get out of your bubble your reality seemed to be skewed in the real word my definitions are not only true. but actually you'll get looked at wrong if you used the wrong terminology in the IT industry. Not that a freelancer would know that....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh btw, again I feel like I need to rehiterate that Adobe can use whatever word they want internally. but spreading that misinformation just cause it is accepted for whatever reason at Adobe is still wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the point you are making is irrelevant.

You're comparing a proper noun to a common one... oranges to apples.. man your code must be awful. You need to learn that in a technical world. Usage of the exact wording is key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this rate I might get to the wall of legends as well. And I don't really feel like I am helping anyone except for yourself (However I doubt you are capable of making good use of it). May be you could reflect on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you seem to be quite obsessed with me, my work and my activity here... You also have some weird issue against freelancers, for some reason. I won't go down to your level of personal insults, but I will correct you when you post false information.

Regarding me not helping others, let's say that when you arrive to 1% of the amount of posts (and points) I have on this forum we can discuss it further, OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality over quantity. It is so funny to me that you try to justify yourself with the quanitty of posts. I mean.. If I didn't have a real job I could too spam random forums all day with non answers and patronizing people.

You won't go personal .... right. Not my fault you suck at coding and nobody wants to hire you... You found a way to validate your place on this earth by "helping" as many people as possible... Sorry mate but nobody cares about how many times you post on a forum... I've seen your posts too.. Most of the time is forum police non answer condescending wanna be coder bs. And while you were at it real it people like me are helping the community by actually working and getting things done. You should try it.. really rewarding.

The fact that you're so quick to refer to the ammount of posts you make here is proving my point.. You're not doing it for altruisctic reasons. It is just self validation.. You're an open book... and poorly written one at that and you have a really terrible attitude. People like you give IT a bad name.

Shal out.

mic drop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm the one patronizing and condescending over people...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines