• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere trying to link to ghost media that does not exist!

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is not the common linked media issue. I know how to find a link media when it's missing. This issue exists in several of my older projects where Premiere is saying that there is a missing media item in my project.

But here's the thing, the media is not part of the project!

It appears that Premiere is be trying to link to a mystery ghost piece of media that isn't part of the project and is not on any timeline in the project. I've done the usually clear cache and deleted my common folder in windows.

The file that it's saying is missing is called "classic_low_hd.png" and the original directory location is coming up as C:\Users\David\Documents\Adobe\Resource Central\PPRO%205.0.3 (en-US)\Templates\General\Classic Black Lower 3rd\classic_low_hd.png.

I've created a file called "classic_low_hd.png" and tried to link to it to resolve the issue but I'm getting an unable to link error with no additional information when I try to link to it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David Heatley,

Sorry for the trouble. What is the exact dot version of Premiere Pro you are on? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

The file the application is looking for is part of Resource Central which was retired many versions back.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

12.1.2 (build 69)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines