• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Icon is Missing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was working fine on Friday. This morning the save icon seems to be blank. If I click where it should be the form does save. The icon just seems to be blank.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ScottBI,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the Save icon seems to be blank, Is that correct?

Please try the following steps mentioned below:

• Navigate to Edit>Preferences>General and uncheck these following options:

Show online Storage when opening files and Show online Storage when saving files.

• Click OK, restart Acrobat Pro and see if this brings any difference.

You may also check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and try saving the file.

If the issue still persists, please try repairing the Acrobat from help>repair installation(only for Windows), reboot the machine.

If you still face the issue, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just happened again about an hour ago - after Adobe did some updates that forced me to reboot my computer.  I did that and >>POOF<< the 'Save' icon is not on my toolbar.  The "fixes" above didn't work (I'm not allowed to "repair" - that requires a call to our IT department).  In any case, there's still a blank spot where the icon SHOULD be, but if I hover the mouse over it, it says 'Save file (Ctrl+S)'; I can even click in the BLANK SPACE and my file will save.  BUT.....NO VISIBLE ICON!!!  Someone help, please!!!  Thanks!

Using Windows 10, issue is with Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Laural,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify, please take help from the article Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Reboot the machine once and check. Have you tried unchecking the two options from Preferences i.e.

Edit>Preferences>General and uncheck these following options:

Show online Storage when opening files and Show online Storage when saving files.

Try repairing Acrobat with the help of the IT team and check.

If the repair does not work, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove currently installed Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Adobe Acrobat DC (Continuous) for Enterprise or VIP licenses

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s the version I have now.

The options you mention in Preferences have been unchecked for a week or so.

My computer was shut down over the weekend.  Today, the icon is still missing.

I will forward your email to our IT team and see if they can do as you ask.

Laura Ledeboer

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, email, address]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT person tried repairing it first, but the program crashed.  So he had to completely reinstall Acrobat.  I sure hope that future “updates” don’t cause this issue again.  I lost valuable work time because of it.

Laura Ledeboer

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, email, address]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laural,

Glad to hear that the issue got fixed. Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines