• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashing on startup

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 2017 Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14, trying to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Creative Cloud account)

Ever since updating to Mojave and CC 19, Acrobat Pro freezes every time I try to open the app, even when I open from any PDF file I've had no previous problems with. This was not an issue until I updated to Mojave and CC 19 (both on the same day) so I'm unsure which update is the issue, if either. I am not able to access any of the preferences/menus on the app because it immediately freezes and gives me the rainbow wheel of death before I am able to do anything.

I have tried uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling, restarting the machine, removing the Preferences file manually, and so far nothing has solved the issue. This is affecting my ability to work. Help!​

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi genevieveh,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing on startup on your Mac machine, is that correct?

Could you try installing the latest patch using "check for updates" option under "Help" menu and check if that resolves the issue? You may also download updates from this link: Adobe - Acrobat : For Macintosh 

Reboot the machine after installing the patch and check.

Also, let us know if there is any error message you are getting when Acrobat freezes?

Dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC through my Creative Cloud account, version 2019.008.2008

There is no error message; the app is freezing every time I open it. The app becomes unresponsive and the cursor does the rainbow spinner indefinitely until I force quit from my Mac's task manager.

I have downloaded the latest patch you linked and rebooted, there was no change unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi genevieveh,

Thanks for the info. Could you try creating a new user account on the machine by clicking Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups, create new account, login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check?

Also, try restoring Acrobat's preferences using the steps given in the following thread at post#6 and check if that helps:

Acrobat DC very slow and unresponsive, spinning beach ball when using interface

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I'm on an iMac 2017 with the latest Mojave OS installed. I have 64GB RAM and i7 processor. All my other Creative Cloud apps have been updated and work fine but Acrobat the minute it opens just spins. There's no way to check for updates.

Can you please help!? This is so frustrating as I use this nearly every day more than any other CC App.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I have the same issue. Adobe Acrobat DC won't open. I have creative cloud on my mac and my pc, and the program does not launch on either one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating from CC a few days ago, Acrobat DC now freezes indefinitely.  I'm on Windows 10, but my colleagues are  having the same issue on Windows 8. On Wednesday Shalini, from Adobe Support worked on my computer remotely to fix this. He spent almost an hour troubleshooting, even repeating the entire fix process twice. He said it was fixed and to restart. I did and the same issue occurred. I didn't call back because of time issues.

The app is unusable.

Then only way to remove it from my screen is to end the task in task manager.

Adobe, please help and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hiddenbrook,

The issue could be related to Apple's as the following forum thread discusses:

Acrobat DC Crash on MacOS Mojave 10.14

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines