• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different color with "Lumetri Color" after 2019 update.

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a project that has been ongoing since before the recent 2019 Premiere Pro update.

So recently I open up this project after the recent update to find that my Lumetri Color effect is not keeping itself as to how I wanted it to be.

This is the colour of my clips before the update.

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 16.07.07.png

After the update, I open my project to find this,

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 16.06.59.png

I read that there have been new features added into Lumetri Color, of course, I'm happy n pleased about that but shouldn't it keep my old settings intact? or is there something I've missed and should be enabling?

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks guys!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you re-wire something, it's pretty hard to also keep the old wiring active. Color correction is one of the real problem children for trying that. This is one of the reasons it is so nice to be able to keep prior versions actively installed on your machine, so you can start newer projects in the new version and keep working previous version projects in the version they were created in for safety sake.

That said, you don't say what tools within Lumetri you used to create the 'grade' in the previous version. So ... what is that media, and what steps did you apply in Lumetri? And past the steps & tools of Lumetri you used, were any LUTs or Looks involved?

As I've not had any change like this in my work brought forward.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I still have a copy of the old versions intact, but of course, I would just like to understand the issue and if there is any way to fix the current issue, I've no issue continuing the project, this is just to satisfy my curiosity really and/or if there is something I'm supposed to do and I'm missing out on it.

Here is a screenshot of the functions I've used. Outside the screenshot, I've also used a bit of vignette.Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 16.33.28.png

I turned off each active function 1 by 1 to see which affects it most and apparently it's the curves.

Thank you for your prompt reply Neil! x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a fun thing for a couple days where my presets from 12.x versions that included Hue/Sat curves made on the old donut ring ... showed on the media when applied, but did not translate to appearing on the new rectangle Hue vs Sat curve box. Really weird ... the effect was there, but not available in any control.

Launching Windows again today .. going to PrPro ... all my 12.x presets with Hue vs Sat settings transferred to the new control perfectly. I don't get it, but ... well, that's good.

I'm wondering, as that was one of the 12.x curves types, if this is happening to your project ... something screws up in the translation.

And the Look ... Clean Kodak at 20, is transferring correctly? The right Look at the right intensity?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines