• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you fix this software and prevent it from crashing???

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26 minutes later, my video rendered the effects. But because i thought Adobe has quality products it didnt occur to me to save after rendering. Now i tried to do a basic operation like import a music file and the damn thing crashed and now i reopened it and it needs to re-render the damn video again...

Am i supposed to save after every click??? Can you fix this software so it doesnt crash on basic operations like these?? I've upgraded everything to the latest versions. We're entering 2019 soon its time to make an adobe premiere that doesnt randomly crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

@ bimalr68153580​

excellent !! 

you are telling exactly what I and many others are thinking ...... but only a few are dare to write or speak !

how many brash excuses for the unbelievable behaviour do we have to swallow ?

And the topping is , that adobe hase blocked the way back to the last stable version 12.1 !!!!!!

If there was a need of a final cause making my decision ...this was it !

thank you very much for your comment !!

(saving every few minutes is standard behaviour --- and this said by a "pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BimalR,

Sorry for the stability issues.

Personally, I'm kind of a stickler for saving frequently. It can help you recover from a crash or other issue much faster, so it helps to have a strategy.

• Saving frequently is, unfortunately, a fact of life in video editing. Do your due diligence and save frequently.
  • You can also adjust Auto Save to save more frequently.
  • It also helps to have the Auto Save preference for "Save back up projects to Creative Cloud."
  • I also create my own Auto Save folder by doing a Save As at major points of editing, like after rendering an entire timeline, at lunch, before I go home, etc.

If you are crashing with a specific file, it might be corrupt. What happens if you add the same kind of file to the timeline. Does that one crash Premiere Pro? If so, let us know. If you get a crash log, feel free to copy it here and I'll try and help you troubleshoot. If you are having continuing stability issues, leave details of your system and media here.

Please return with any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Are you seriously telling me to: Do your due diligence and save frequently??

My file is not corrupt, the program is corrupt. It happened after i rendered some optical flow effects and the moment i try import an mp3 file, the Adobe file browser itself crashed!!!

Can you please explain why other software like Sony Vegas dont crash while importing an mp3 file?? I've never heard of a software crash when importing a file or media. I had to close the whole app via task manager and end the process. After relaunching, i had to re-render the project and tried importing the file and this time the file browser worked.

So just to be clear, its not the mp3 file that crashed, it was ADOBE PREMIERE PRO's dialog box to import media that crashed. I was not even able to select the file to import, this is clearly a problem with unstable software itself, the project file is not corrupt as it worked fine the next time.

Please send this bug report to your developers and ask them to fix this. So far ive had a lot of success using Sony Vegas and its quickly becoming our standard for making our videos however it kind of defeats the purpose buying a full subscription license and not being able to use the whole ecosystem.

• I also create my own Auto Save folder by doing a Save As at major points of editing, like after rendering an entire timeline, at lunch, before I go home, etc.

Can i ask you, what happens after rendering a footage video that makes the whole thing unstable right away after rendering? I understand saving at some major points is needed, however i am having trouble understanding why does a file import dialog box fail to show up after rendering a footage video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a subscription based product I don't want to hear the due-diligence line either. I want and demand a solid platform to work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ bimalr68153580​

excellent !! 

you are telling exactly what I and many others are thinking ...... but only a few are dare to write or speak !

how many brash excuses for the unbelievable behaviour do we have to swallow ?

And the topping is , that adobe hase blocked the way back to the last stable version 12.1 !!!!!!

If there was a need of a final cause making my decision ...this was it !

thank you very much for your comment !!

(saving every few minutes is standard behaviour --- and this said by a "pro" ---unbelievable-- REALLY ever worked "pro" with resolve / MediaComposer and others ??).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! This is not a free forum, this is a paid support forum, we pay money for this and they are obligated to fix these issues.

Also who marked Kevin's answer as correct??? I certainly did not so i unmarked it as uncorrect.

Kevin, your answer is not correct and NOT ACCEPTABLE from a PAID SUBSCRIPTION perspective. Please get your developers to fix the IMPORT SCREEN as others have confirmed the bug. To be more precise when i import something, a screen normally shows upa nd allows me to browse my file. THAT SCREEN crashes, so what others are saying where Premiere doesnt support mp3 does NOT apply to this case.

Adobe Premiere's IMPORT SCREEN is bugged! Hope this clears out the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin's got a good reply.

I've been using computers in our business since the late '80's. Learned a long time ago that one simply saves ... several ways ... in every app, all the time. That is the only way to guarantee safe computing. And keep from routinely screaming at the stupid screen.

Especially time-critical/intensive work like editing!

As Ann Bens and others here always suggest ... I have my own process. First, immediately after creating a project, I do a manual Save ... Ctrl/Cmd-S. This sets up the auto-save to start working in some way. At least more reliably.

After every few minutes I'll typically do my own Ctrl-S to save again.

After every major step completed, I do a Save-a-Copy to a different drive, then I do a Save-As to an iterative name for the project file on my working drive, then continue in the newly created iterative project file.

As to PrPro vs other software ... I've had crashes in Resolve ... Word ... Excel ... QuickBooks ... you name it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is messed up on Adobe's end.

I was mid editing (Coloring) and then it crashed. Will not load past the splash screen.

Uninstalled, cleaner used, and reinstalled and same thing.

Last version works but not compatible with the newer files I'm working on.

What is going on, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation, I updated all of my graphics/audio drivers to their latest versions without much luck.

Premiere CC 2019 is constantly crashing, here are a few tasks I was doing when it crashed:

- Trying to Render In/Out (sometimes at the begging or just before it ends)

- When I tried to queue an export of a timeline into AME.

- Sometimes when I try to load (an already converted to 2019) project.

Also:

- I had to re-export all my "Essential Graphics" again as TypeKit fonts were all reset to defaults (I've seen this as an acknowledged bug on a different post).

- Even after exporting the "Essential Graphics" again sometimes Premiere will tell me that the fonts are not properly installed, even though they are. Enabling/disabling them from the TypeKit website seems to have fixed this temporarily.

This behavior is happening on two of my computers with very different hardware. On top of that I'm also experiencing erratic crashes with Photoshop (but I don't want to go off-topic here).

I don't know what's really going on with this update but the previous version of Premiere worked almost flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since updating, trying to import anything will make this version of premiere crash like 50% of the time. Honestly, this is ridiculous. I updated all my drivers and still this is happening, it's the freaking IMPORT SCREEN CRASHING. If this keeps up more than a week, I'm going to switch to Davinci and forget this software altogether. Adobe should you know... TEST their software before pushing it out maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANNNNNNND it just crashed again. How long was that since this last post? An hour about? Amazing Adobe. Amazing. Same issue by the way. Importing audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On importing audio, PrPro has never worked with mp3 files well ... if at all. So there's a long-standing suggestion to convert to wav files prior to import. Audition can handle this quickly.

What a mess you're having in general, though. Wish it were otherwise.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont get it, its not the mp3 file that is causing premiere to crash...

When i import something, a file browser pops up... in this case the IMPORT SCREEN does not show and crashes the whole application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't at all clear from your earlier post ... which is what I was responding to.

You're right, if it's not working on importing anything, that's a royal pain ... totally screwed up.

As to your import process ... are you importing/ingesting via PrPro's Media Browser or double-clicking in a blank area of the Project panel, navigating-to/selecting things? That should work perfectly.

Some people just open an OS finder/explorer window and drag/drop into PrPro ... and that process goes wonky at times. The engineers say that process doesn't get all the metadata from/about the file being dropped into PrPro into the app's database, and leads to troubles.

So ... which method are you using for bringing material in?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just go to file - import, then an explorer window opens, and it freezes and becomes unresponsive. I lost a good hunk of work until I started saving every time before I decided to import anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's definitely screwed up behavior.

Have you tried the MediaBrowser or Project panel? In the past I recall an issue where the File/Import was screwy but the other two worked ok. Haven't seen that in years, but .. worth a quick try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least in my case I was importing .wave files and it crashed, but it would actually crash just on the import screen before I important anything. Like I don't even get to select the file when it crashes, then it takes a few minutes for it to say "not responding" and then getting the would you like to close the program or wait for it to respond, I've tried the way method, after ten minutes it doesn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this post, it sounds like you are using the Media Browser or project panel to import?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here. Crashing and lagging all day long. Top specked computer. If Adobe don't get their shit together soon I am also switching to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines