• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom stopped importing files - The files cannot be opened by Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My most recent import failed on some of the 233 files I was importing on Lightroom classic CC 2018.  I get "The files cannot be opened by Lightroom. (223)"

So I purged all previews, and tried again.   Now they all fail.

In the import screen, all the new images (from a Sony A7 Riii) show "preview not available for this file". I have previously imported files fine.

They show up well in bridge and photoshop.

I tried renaming the directory but no luck.  Removing files already in catalogue and trying to re-add them creates the same issue.

HELP!

UPDATE:  I reinstalled adobe raw 11, but in Lightroom when I go to "about" I see that it's using 10.  How do I get it to use 11?  Adobe desktop manager says I have latest version.  I am on a Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACT version of LR are you currently using? It looks like you are running some version of LR 7. Update LR to version 8 using the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.01 as I had to revert back since 2019 version messed up some of my filters.

How can I upgrade just to 8.  I think last time it upgraded me to latest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help->Updates in LR, or open the Adobe Creative Cloud application and then click on Update next to Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR Version 8 is the same as what some are calling LR 2019. The only time, to my knowledge, Adobe ever put a year on the name of LR was with LR CC 2015 to distinguish it from LR 6 (which was the exact same program but used a different sign in and a serial number to activate).

To get older versions than the most current, V8, but newer versions from what you are currently running of LR 7 you use the CC DTA and click the V icon next to update or open and select Manage then Other Versions. You will get a list of all the older versions currently available.

Other versions.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines