• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects v16.0 Performance issues

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone , I recently updated my CC apps to the recent 2019 ones and noticed After Effects and Premiere Pro

take a long time to load and have major crashes even just by dragging elements across,

I was just wondering if only me had that problem or if my computer is dying somehow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need a lot more information before we'll be able to offer any help.
FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with CC2019 (Prem, AE, Illu,...) too. I think the reason is the Nvidia driver because before I have made the Update on my pc CC2019 works fine but without CUDA in Premiere. The new Nvidia driver is "R410 U3 (411.81)" , the version before that works fine but without CUDA was "R390 U7 (391.89)"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about a driver issue too , I am on a mac , and whenever I open the Ae(v.16) or Pr (v.13) my computer has a hard time loading it , then by the time it opens , I get a string memory leak or unable to read script at line 0. Then everything I do freezes the app and subsequently freezes the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We still need more information about your system. We've now gotten that you're on a Mac - what version of the OS are you on?
I know Mojave has been causing issues for some people, in both Premiere and After Effects.

Drivers can indeed be a culprit for this kind of stuff. If you're not on the latest, try updating. If you're on the latest, try rolling back.

Have you tried disabling GPU acceleration?

You also said you just upgraded - were things running smoothly when you were running the previous ("2018") versions of AE/Pr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines