• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I match frame to another sequence, and NOT to the original clip ?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I just precise that I'm french, so please excuse me if I make any mistake. Thanks !)

I've been searching for days and I've found no answer. On Avid, you can do a match frame from your sequence in the record monitor to another sequence in the source monitor, as long as this one has the same frame. It dosn't have to be the original clip. On premiere, the only match frame you can do is with the original clip, which will automatically appear in the source monitor. Even if you put a sequence into the source monitor, premiere will just ignore it and give you the original clip.

I found this pretty curious, since it can actually do the opposite ! Here's what I mean : if you try a reversed match frame from whatever sequence in the source monitor, it will not work (the sequence in the record monitor stays as it is). BUT if you do a reversed match frame with the exact same sequence as the one in the record monitor (you then have the same sequence in the source monitor AND in the record monitor), then it works ! It gives you the same frame you have on the source monitor !

But that's a detail...

The thing is, I wanted to know if there is any way to do a match frame and a reversed match frame from any sequence to any sequence, and not using the original clip.

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Match frame, switch to the other sequence and then reverse match frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dddddsk,

Sorry for the issue and thanks for your question. I don't believe this is possible right now, to my knowledge. I also have not seen a request similar to yours on the user voice site yet. There are a few related to Match Frame. I encourage you to submit what you'd like to see here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3022 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match frame, switch to the other sequence and then reverse match frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses.

Indeed this is what I've been doing until now eikonoklastes, guess I'll just have to stick to this method.

For those who would be interested, I precise that if what you wanted was to make an IN / OUT selection after the match frame + reverse match frame to then insert or overwrite from one sequence to another, it is indeed impossible with the classic IN / OUT method. BUT you can still use the clipboard by making a IN / OUT selection, lift or extract it (+ ctrl Z if you want to keep it) and then switch to the other sequence and then ctrl V to overwrite OR shift ctrl V to insert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think very few people understand what you're asking for.

I used MC so I get it. I have made a new feature request but since nobody in the PPro world seems to even understand what it is we're asking for, I won't hold my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature would be an immense timesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like the new update of Excalibur extension solves this problem: 

https://youtu.be/FgXdwwk5_AY?feature=shared 

If you don't know it - I recommend it a lot. A powerful addon to premiere that improve many small time saving issues that we hoped Adobe will take care of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines