• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro, what actualy uses GPU acceleration

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people are talking about upgrading, should I upgrade GPU/CPU etc.  In this contest I started to look for a good article on what actualy utalises GPU acceleration.  Done a load of googeling and cant answer this question so I thought I would put it out there.

Few initial questions:

Does playback with strightcuts/cross fades use GPU acceleration (if timeline is same res as footage)?

What if its mixed rez footage (i.e. resizing is needed)?

What if you resize (push in/reposition/zoom over time...)?

Do the above things use GPU acceleration in the same way for exporting as payback.

In terms of effects there are icons by effects showing whitch utilise GPU so I know this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top of the article refers to an updated article for CS6 and later but the link is broken;( I think the simple answer is to have a play with premiere, I beleveif the render bar is yellow that means it is using acceleration and if it is red it will need rendering.  It also has a link about scaling but it is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I beleveif the render bar is yellow that means it is using acceleration and if it is red it will need rendering.  It also has a link about scaling but it is broken.

This should help you understand the color for the render bars, funkytwig: Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Adobe Blog

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines