• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's included in Classic subscription?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time LR user and yesterday I purchased a subscription for Lightroom Classic in order to have raw support for a new camera I'm about to buy.

Installation seems fine, and I'm looking forward to using the new features.

I have read that my subscription includes Photoshop CC.

1.  Is this correct?

2.  Do I have to download it separately?

3.  If I do, will in integrate itself with LR?

4.  Will it recognise that I am already a subscriber and not bill me more?

Also, I see in my Mac launchpad that there is also an app for Lightroom CC which I don't necessarily need or want.

1.  Did I inadvertently download this?

2.  Is this just part of the package, or anything to concern myself about?

Thanks,

John Jackson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

You should have downloaded and installed the CC Desktop app, which is the best way to manage the apps that are included in the subscription.

Yes, Photoshop CC (& Bridge CC) is included in the subscription. After you install the CC Desktop app, login to it with the correct Adobe ID, and on the Apps tab you should see the status of the apps included in your subscription....specifically Classic, Photoshop, Bridge, Camera Raw, and Lightroom CC. The latter is the cloud-centric desktop app which is inc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should have downloaded and installed the CC Desktop app, which is the best way to manage the apps that are included in the subscription.

Yes, Photoshop CC (& Bridge CC) is included in the subscription. After you install the CC Desktop app, login to it with the correct Adobe ID, and on the Apps tab you should see the status of the apps included in your subscription....specifically Classic, Photoshop, Bridge, Camera Raw, and Lightroom CC. The latter is the cloud-centric desktop app which is included along with 20gb initial cloud space which allows you to test it out to see if you prefer it over Classic. There's no need to have it installed if you don't want to use it, you can uninstall it via the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines