Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Apps Rubbish

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rant.

So I made the grand mistake of updating all of the CC 2019 Apps I use, Acrobat, Bridge, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and well that was a huge mistake. All of them are ridiculously slow, colour profiles don't stick when I've set them up. Acrobat has gotten worse than before and I don't how that is even possible. It sucks so much memory and is so slow anyway that I can't believe they made it worse.

Anyway back to InDesign

Workspaces don't stick. Only appear after I click on something that should be in my space. Congrats on that one Adobe. It's credibly slow. It asks me every single time about the colour profile of the document. Tried to find out how to turn that crap off but can't find a way. Tried to make my profiles stick too and that doesn't wanna work. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Illustrator

Slow. Slow. Slow. Takes about 10 minutes to open a 50kb file. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Photoshop

Slow. Slow. Slow. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Oh and I have 11 machines running this hunk of junk so I think I spend enough money annually with Adobe to tell them to sort their [profanity removed by moderator] out.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 109 Replies 109
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I have the same issues - nice to meet you! 🙂

I bought my macbook pro last year in November. biggest and fastest one. but the big machine doesn’t help at all: after upgrading to CC2019, it runs hot every time I launch an Adobe app and the cpu is on overload.

I use the same apps as you. Indesign is super slow! I mean: click. wait. mark text. wait. scroll. wait. change colour. wait. open a second document... waaaaaiiiiit. so I make lunch. eat. wait a little longer... I am getting furious.

I cannot work in “fine preview“ mode and have to turn it down to low resolution, which I the worst when you create designs. wtf?! today I had to wait at least three times for about five minutes until I was allowed to work on because Indesign randomly hangs itself („indesign does not respond“).

It is definitely a software problem. everything was fine until I clicked on „update“. I hope they will fix this asap because working like this is pain in the... you know...

but at least I can help you with the colour profiles which turned me nuts, as well:

go to photoshop and adjust your preferred colour profile settings there. save them as e.g. „your name“.

go to bridge and load the colour profile there. be sure that „your name“ is activated (the colour ring icon must be closed).

open indesign again an check the profile. it should be correct now - using the „global“ setting.

this worked for me. and if you still get popup messages when opening old documents, make sure to adjust the profile setting mentioned above correctly or click „don‘t show massage again“.

good luck to both of us! 🙂

(I cannot tell how much I hate spending 49 eur each month for this! It‘s like working with my hands tied on my back.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be the worst update ever by them. I'm the same, wait wait wait. I want to see a preview of an image in Photoshop, I can literally click the image, go and make a coffee and by the time I come back it's till not showing.

This is horrific. I run a Mac Pro with masses of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, in terms of stability, the recent consecutive versions have been pretty much like the Windows Millennium of Premiere and After Effects. This is hardly a complement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, InDesign is running  [inappropriate language removed by moderator] !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait is this real? And it clears my 2018 apps.

I have urgent colour sensitive job to finish today, and my colour profiles keeps reseting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd go and reinstall 2018 Apps. Stable and solid and you don't get all the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same for me.

At first I was blaming my MacBook Pro for being a tad old (although CC 2018 was working smoothly). However now I'm seeing that people are complaining about CC 2019 on more recent machines, so I thought I would share.

The worst for me is InDesign. Keeps quitting on me for no reason and became slower. One of the reasons I'm using InDesign for layout it's for it snappiness while dealing with massive amount of files at the same time (especially when designing magazines). Well that snappiness is gone. It's still working but it feels clumsier. Also InDesign doesn't seem to open recent files that are located on a server. It shows it on the list of recently opened file but then can't find it even if I'm connected to the server.

Premiere had some major issues in the beginning. It was quitting every 10-15min or so. Then I read that I had to install new softwares to optimize my graphic card or something. Now it works well.

Photoshop is still working fine. The Content Aware is really amazing. Big up on that!

Illustrator is is taking a lot more time to save a file which has always been the case, especially for large files, but now it's even for small ridiculous files. Oh and it's even slow to open documents, large or small. One last thing I noticed is that when I update a link on Photoshop and update it right away on Illustrator (which I do maybe 100-200 times a day) now it loses the link like 1 our 3 times, which is a huge loss of time

It would be nice to know if this is something Adobe is working on and would be fixed in a later update? or if they think their software is perfect and we are left all alone here with our faulty apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually nevermind, Photoshop is buggy too. The text tool is driving me crazy, it's flickering all the time I want to edit text, or sometimes the edit box doesn't even appear when I double click on the text layer.

Also the inversion of the shift key in transform mode is a nightmare. I know it's a new "feature" but apparently, it's supposed to follow the same transform norms as other apps. But if I'm not mistaken Illustrator doesn't have the forced proportional transform. And after a week or so using this new inverted shift key I realized I'm using much more unproportionate transformations than proportionate, so now I have to hold the shift key basically all the time...

Oh and last (probably not last) but not least. What's wrong with Bridge CC 2019??? Bridge is supposed to be the simplest of your app and you managed to spoil that one too. I used to use Bridge when the Finder in my Mac wasn't able to display the thumbnails of let's say a very crowded assets folder. We all have these folders with tons of links, images, heavy PSD that the Finder cannot render as a thumbnail because of memory reason. Bridge used to solve that problem by optimizing the process and displaying lightning fast thumbnails and I'd be able to go through a folder and find what I wanted in no time. Now Bridge takes as long as Finder, and sometimes it doesn't even show a thumbnail anymore. WHY??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and just today Illustrator just hard quit twice on me after a prompt that I never seen popped on my screen saying that I didn't have enought RAM for preview... well that's new... Had to start twice what I was doing because I suddenly lost everything I did in the past 20min. What's up Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a total waste of my time trying to work with this  [inappropriate language removed by moderator] . My machine hangs up in PS. The transform tool is not behaving, more of my time wasted. My plugins aren't compatible now. Two hour waste of time, trying to figure out what's up with that, to no avail. Bought a new action, that does not work in it. The email attachment application that worked with the cloud, no longer works, so I looked like and ass to a client when I sent off a file for them to review. Very disgusted  You are supposed to make things better not worse. Not everyone does their work from a smartphone.  Try investing some time in your core desktop applications, for the the photographers and designers that have stayed with you. Or lose your crown, OnOne is waiting in the wings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can actually blame both

I've been a Mac & adobe geek from the 1st hour... right now, I place a lot of question marks on both. Luckily, there are very good alternatives (GPU-rendering PC's) to ditch apple. Sadly, there are no Adobe alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there is a good alternative to 2 of their apps - Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer (I am not affiliated with the company in any way) https://affinity.serif.com/

They recently came out with a beta for a page layout program. I have not had a chance to play with that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been a monopoly for too long — so they think they can do whatever they want and dish it out to us no matter how good or bad. It's good to have alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to 2018 and wait for the updates to come.

I would also invite you to file bug reports of the bugs you detected.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by Abambo, here is the Bug Report form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I also have had very little issues with this latest update. I hope things get better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! And believe me we're looking. Bad enough it's now an arm and a leg monthly subscription service, now it's an ongoing charge for garbage updates and a "So what? We're the only game in town" attitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just gonna mention Affinity. Haven't had the chance to try them yet, but after that last CC updates I would safely say anything, including a brick and trampoline would be more capable of creating artwork and designs than the latest Adobe abominations.

Krita seems like a good free option for those that use Photoshop for concept art and digital painting.

Looks like me and Adobe's 15 year relationship is about to come to a very abrupt end....and strangely it feels like light at the end of the tunnel. Awful updates of late, but that seems to be the new model they've adopted....lets have all your money and give you a bag of broken, cold  [inappropriate language removed by moderator]  in return...just what us professionals needed Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! Haven't heard of Krita but it looks pretty decent. Will most definitely check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd check out Affinity. I haven't yet but from what I'm reading and hearing they might be just the ticket. (fingers, eyes, ears, legs and lungs crossed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are actually. Try checking out Affinity programs! No subscription, just 50 bucks or so en they handle all sorts of Adobe files. And eeh yeah, Adobe cc 2019 sucks on my brand new MacBook pro too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity can't do anywhere near what Adobe products can do. And pretty sure most of your issues may have something to do with user error since the programs work fine for the vast majority of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's hilarious. "...the programs work fine for the vast majority of people."  How are application glitches "user error"? There are clearly HUGE issues between Adobe products and MacOS's over the past 5-10 years proven by the thousands of tickets and discussions posted just to Adobe's forums alone! Not including the plethora of third-party forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShaneH: lol, of course you think you are a power user. And that's great. Except if all power users ran into the troubles that you seem to think are inherent in the software, Adobe would no longer exist as a company plain and simple.

M74RK: And sorry, no. there are no more glitches in the past 5-10 years on Mac's than there have been anywhere else. Again, if the problems existed in the volume you claim, Adobe would no longer exist.

So let us look at your statement. "Thousands of tickets and discussions". So there are over 15 million CC subscribers around the world, and that number grows every single day. And your thought of "thousands of tickets and discussions" are not a drop in the bucket. Literally. Even at 10,000 tickets and discussions, that's less than 1% of users having an issue. The majority of the world would call that amazing work and an incredible success rate. So get some perspective and know that just because you think you are a know it all power user does not actually make that a fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rotfflmao.pngi. simply. just. CAN'T with this!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines