• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media pending in Adobe 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I updated premiere last week to the 2019 version, and ever since then I have been getting the “media pending” screen over certain video clips that  are short on length. I’ve tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

A new bug was introduced in Premiere Pro 13 rendered previews when the "I-Frame Only MPEG" Preview File Formate is used (which is often the default setting). Changing the Preview File Format fixes this. Select the sequence and go to the Sequence menu and select Sequence Settings. When the Sequence Settings dialog opens up, go to the Video Previews section and change the Preview File Formate to something other than "I-Frame Only MPEG". If you are on a Mac then I suggest selecting "QuickTime" and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nylesc64075024,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to reset app preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? ) and clean cache ( FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any cache or preference corruption issue that could be causing problems with previews.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying this now, it's rendering everything so when it's done I'll tell you if it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it won't let me render out the clips at all. Like, it'll start rendering, but it keeps adding the number of frames that need to be rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nylesc64075024,

Once the cache is cleaned and the project is launched, the media files used in the project will be conformed and the necessary cache files will be regenerated. This process may take some time depending upon the length and the complexity of the project. It's recommended to wait until the media is fully conformed before editing to ensure that the media plays back properly. Please allow this process to complete, you can check it's progress on the right side bottom of Premiere Pro window. Once it's completed, then try to render and check if it is working properly.

Regards

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having a similar issue where the media is pending in the preview window and when I play it in the timeline, it tends to play fine but when it's paused the footage turns into a black frame. Please fix this! It's has ruined my entire workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new bug was introduced in Premiere Pro 13 rendered previews when the "I-Frame Only MPEG" Preview File Formate is used (which is often the default setting). Changing the Preview File Format fixes this. Select the sequence and go to the Sequence menu and select Sequence Settings. When the Sequence Settings dialog opens up, go to the Video Previews section and change the Preview File Formate to something other than "I-Frame Only MPEG". If you are on a Mac then I suggest selecting "QuickTime" and choosing the "Apple ProRes 422" Codec. If you are on Windows try setting Preview File Formate to "GoPro CineForm (YUV 10-bit). There is nothing wrong with your media. This problem appears on video track items that are in your preview which appear for 4 frames or less and the preview is rendered to I-Frame Only MPEG. Adobe knows about this problem and is working on fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearing all cache worked for me! woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines