• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Track not saving on timeline after edit changing after closing.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on the simplest edit and all it needs is a couple things cut down. All it has is one audio and video track and some graphics. When I save the project it seems to save fine but if I close it and reopen the project the audio track places the A1 track of audio off of the video into the place where I had the A2 track off of the video file. Example of the problem below.

Correct:

audiotrackfix.PNG

Loaded Incorrectly:

audiotracknone.PNG

I have had other issues where old projects will completely change the edits. I don't entirely know what is going on.

I have the latest Version 13.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's rather weird, MarkG. Have you tried deleting preferences? FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Here is a link to a video showing the issue.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 - Red File Audio flopping Channels - Elanco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and nothing changed. I found it did this to another project as well. It seems to want to move the cut audio after as save and quit up a channel. IE: I used channel 1 audio off the source file and then when its reopened the source file on the timeline is changed to channel 2. I will try to emulate the error via video and send it over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue as well. VERY frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the image, your A2 waveforms are identical.  You're only missing the A1 waveform.

My first guess is that nothing is actually wrong with the audio, you're just missing the redraw for the waveform.  Possibly a corrupt .pek file.  You can fix that with Step 2H below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A2 Waveforms are not what changes. It's only Red data files that change. We shoot on an FS5 and an A7R as well and the saves never change. Watch the video I placed for Kevin above to see me recreate the issue using another project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reverted to 12 because of these issues.  The program isn't functioning properly with Red Raw files once you think you have the issues fixed I'll upgrade and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines